PHP Full Stack Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About White Hat Gaming
Founded in 2012, White Hat Gaming (WHG) is an online casino technology and services company with offices in Malta, London, Gibraltar, Chicago, and Cape Town. With a global team of over 550 specialists, we provide market-leading content, including Kambi Sportsbook and over 100 leading games providers.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We’re looking for a PHP Full Stack Engineer to help work on the framework of our shared websites to maintain and deliver new functionality for features we are building. If you can juggle a number of small changes and a handful of bigger changes while keeping an eye on the bigger picture and the next generation of our tools, then we’re interested in talking to you.
- Maintaining our custom website framework and making ad-hoc requests to specific sites
- Adding new features to the website framework and to the CMS
- Improving the performance of the websites
- Working closely with Front End team to assist with changes that require PHP functionality
- Working on the development of various small internal applications as required
- Implement unit testing on new and existing code
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Taking part in code reviews
- Working on developing a new CMS framework (Kirby CMS) and implementing this in headless mode with our angular frontend.
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
- At least 3 years expertise in PHP
- At least 1 year of experience with Angular
- Some experience in building solutions from scratch with only minimal requirements, to begin with
- A good visual eye for user interfaces and an instinct for creating a good user experience
- 2+ years writing raw SQL beyond just simple select statements
- Familiarity with unit/integration testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of common PHP or web server exploits, and their solutions
- Experience with Jira or similar project management tool
- Experience working with Kirby CMS
- Experience migrating legacy codebases to cleaner architectures and modern frameworks
- Some experience of the online casino industry
How we approach things:
- Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on the process or management hierarchy.
- Working remotely but communicating regularly.
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
- An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
- A mostly remote and flexible working schedule.
- Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
- Training on the job.
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
- Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
Everything about WHG won't fit into a job ad, want to find out more about working with us? Apply to get the conversation started.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
White Hat Gaming
TechnologyView all jobs at White Hat Gaming