TEMP- CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT-FREDERICK, MD
White Coat Healthcare
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking sharp, self-motivated Medical Assistants with an excellent background as Medical Assistants. Ideal candidates will be "Experienced" a problem-solver, able to get along with staff, have an excellent personality, self-motivated, charming, ability to multi-task, have knowledge of Practice Fusion, and most importantly reliable and dependable.
Under the direct supervision physician, the CMA will assist in the front office with administrative skills, and the delivery of patient care in the back office.
Fully participate in the day-to-day operations and keep pace with patient flow. Demonstrates leadership by collaboration, teamwork, communication, accountability, customer service, and advanced knowledge of clinical skills.
- Prepares patient for examination by the health care provider.
- Performs routine clinic testing, including but not limited to obtaining blood and urine specimens, vision testing, hearing screening, pulmonary function testing, EKG, rapid point of care testing, and vital signs, phlebotomy, injections, vaccines, lab testing, and specimen collections, assist the physician in back-office with minor surgical procedures.
- Assists with front desk operations including but not limited to patient check-in and check out, scheduling, filing, patient phone calls, authorization, and informing patients of possible delays.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the clinic.
- Assesses patients? physical and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient's medical record in accordance with practices charting policy
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams, and medical procedure
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections.
- Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in accordance with practice policies.
- Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians.
- Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
- Answering office phones, assisting the front desk in scheduling appointments, and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
- Assist in other functions of the clinic's practice as needed
- Assists provider with procedures, including minor surgical procedures.
- Provides pre-printed patient education /material as directed by a physician.
- Exhibits compassion and empathy for all patients and families at all times.
- Performs cleaning and disinfection of environment of care. Performs high-level disinfection of equipment instruments per unit/hospital procedure.
- Maintains necessary supplies in the clinical area.
- Functions effectively in all medical assistant roles specific to the clinic.
- Works independently and serves as a resource for others. May precept new medical assistants and medical assistant students within the clinic.
- Models customer service behaviors and integrates best practices for service and operations.
- Participates in clinic-based process improvement efforts.
- Active participant in clinic huddles/staff meetings;
- Supports clinic operations such as supplies, equipment maintenance, etc…
- Addresses environment of care needs and plays an active role in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient populations(s) served. Collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to address patient/family needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age-specific needs.
- Provides the care needed as described in the unit/area/department policies and procedures.
- Administers select medications and injections under the direct supervision of the physician as per clinic policy.
- Assist in the immunization program, including giving injections and tracking data in a computer program.Participates in medical assistant skill development and competency evaluation.
- Participates in the clinic peer-review process.
- Responsible for self-learning; attends educational offerings and in-services independently.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certified or Registered
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program is required.
- One (1) year of medical assisting and medical clinic experience is required.
- CPR certification required
MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED
EMR- Practice Fusion - Will Train
Must-Know Administration and Clinical Back Office
White Coat Healthcare
HealthcareView all jobs at White Coat Healthcare