Grounds Maintenance Worker
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
WHITE CHAPEL MEMORIAL PARK CEMETERY
621 W. Long Lake Rd., Troy, MI 48098
Position Open: Full-Time Cemetery Grounds/Maintenance/Landscaping Operators
Serious Job Seekers Only Please.
Backhoe Operators or Persons interested in learning the operate a backhoe are especially wanted.
Hourly Wage Rate: Starting wages at 17.00 and up based upon experience.
White Chapel Memorial Park Cemetery is now seeking positive, outgoing, honest, loyal, hardworking, dedicated and dependable employees who want to join our team for a rewarding and satisfying position in our general maintenance department. Team members take care of our beautiful cemetery grounds and buildings and perform services for our families and our families’ departed loved ones in a respectful and professional matter. We are only seeking serious job seekers who want to be interviewed, who want to work, and are dependable to show up on time every day they are scheduled to work.
Some of the Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Under general supervision: Performs tasks of cemetery grounds maintenance using mechanized equipment, hand and power tools
- Performs routine tasks in the set-up and completion of interments and entombments.
- Perform the restoration of a grave space after a burial.
- Load and unload materials
- Assists in the general maintenance of the cemetery, mausoleum and office appearances
- Planting and removal of flowers, watering, weeding, mulching, pruning, etc.
- Snow and ice removal
- Installing, removing, lifting, repairing, cleaning memorial markers
- Assists in all other tasks as directed by supervisor
Professional, Respectful, Positive, Caring and Hard Working Attitude is Required
- Diligence and working hard is a requirement
- Applicant should be able to effectively communicate with others and the public and show respect and sensitivity toward families
- Punctuality is Absolutely Required. The position requires the employee to be on time and ready to work every day. You are to report to work and have reliable means of transportation, whether that is a personal motor vehicle, public transportation or private transportation
- The position regularly requires the employee to work on Saturday.
- The position regularly requires the employee to work 6 days a week.
- The position regularly requires the employee to work in different types of weather
Qualifications, Experience & Physical Requirements
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- College Degree a plus
- Must possess a valid Drivers license in good terms
- Must be able to read, comprehend and relay simple instructions
- Must be able to frequently lift at least 75 lbs and or move by pushing or pulling, at least 75 to 150 lbs, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- This position is physically demanding in performing ones' job requirements, and the person must be physically capable of performing the physical aspects of the job including but not limited to regular periods of physically bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, crouching, walking, sitting, and standing with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Mechanic, Construction, Plumbing or Electrical experience a plus.
- The position requires employees to present themselves when reporting for work, completely sober, alcohol-free, narcotic drug-free, illegal drugs free and marijuana free and free of any other prescription drug that may impair their ability to perform the physical work in a safe and productive manner.
Dress Code Required:
- The employee is required to wear a clean uniform and comply with the uniform and grooming standards.
Work Schedule: While there is no guarantee of overtime work, an employee may be required to work Monday through Saturday (generally 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and occasional Sundays. Additionally, the applicant may be required to work certain holidays. There are certain no vacation periods in the year where vacations are not permitted to be taken during that time.
Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) (Full Time Employees Only after meeting eligibility, certain conditions apply)
401K Retirement Savings Plan (Full Time Employees Only after meeting eligibility, certain conditions apply)
Vacation and sick time (Full Time Employees Only after meeting eligibility, certain conditions apply)
How to Apply:
Candidates will be asked to complete an application and provide a resume. Physical and drug tests will be conducted on applicants if offered a position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
White Chapel Memorial AssociationWhy Work Here?
One can have a rewarding career while performing a much needed service to those in need.
In a world of uncertainty, White Chapel's commitment to beauty, honor, hope and human dignity remains unchanged. We are steadfast in the high level of attention and respect we pay not just to those at rest within our green and growing borders, but those they have left behind as well. We are, in every way, a cemetery for the living.
621 W. Long Lake Rd.Troy, MI
Real EstateView all jobs at White Chapel Memorial Association