Whitcraft South Windsor, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently seeking Engineering Interns (1st Shift) at our South Windsor, CT Facility.
Whitcraft is a contract manufacturer of high quality formed, precision machined and fabricated aerospace parts. We have been in business for over 50 years and have consistently produced top quality products for companies in over a dozen countries. Visit us at www.whitcraft.com to learn more about us.
We’re looking for top notch candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, who are looking for a good challenge, and who are dedicated to creating and developing superior customer relationships. You’ve got to be sharp, and you must be on your game every day… because you will be an essential part of everyday life.
Whitcraft is a world-class company, and we hire only world-class people. People who aren’t afraid to work hard and get their hands dirty – in fact, people who want to work hard. In this Engineer Intern role your responsibilities & activities will include:
- Work under the direction of a Senior Engineer to assist and perform basic manufacturing duties including CAD, routings, manufacturing process sheets, drawing and specification revision changes, Met Lab, excel spread sheets and special projects. As a Co-OP student engineer, you will learn the basic technical and interpersonal skills as a foundation for your engineering career.
- CAD software skills (NX or Solid Edge optional)
- Meticulous and able to work in an environment requiring attention to detail and follow-up
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Solid PC skills including MS Excel and Word (Power Point and Project are optional)
- Strong math background including trigonometry and geometry
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Able to perform hands-on shop and design work.
You won’t find a better opportunity like the one you’ll find with Whitcraft. If you're an exceptional candidate with a can-do attitude, who's passionate about doing things the right way the first time, join us – the world is waiting for you. Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Full time student pursuing a degree in engineering
- Undergraduate or graduate student actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an MBA
- Work schedule:
- Full time during the summer break
- Full time during the Holiday break is available
- Part time during the semester may be available
- Should be able to understand and interpret basic blueprints, customer specifications, and engineering sketches.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
At Whitcraft we dream big, get stuff done and like to have fun!
Visit www.whitcraftgroup.com for additional information about the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In addition to federal law requirements, Whitcraft Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Whitcraft Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
***Candidates Only-No Third Parties* **
AddressSouth Windsor, CT
EngineeringView all jobs at Whitcraft