Whistle Workwear is a local family owned business that started in Puyallup 24 years ago. We sell only top-quality workwear, everything from work boots, raingear, women's workwear, and scrubs, to safety gear, gloves work pants and socks. We carry the best brands like Carhartt, Danner, Wolverine, LaCrosse, Timberland Pro, Keen, and more. We are looking for top notch employees to bring unbeatable customer service to our customers. Whistle Workwear provides training to each of its team members on the product we carry, and training on customer service standards to help our customers not only get what they came for but to ensure they enjoy their time as well.
Our team members, customers and community are what matter most to us. Del, our owner, has since instilled passion within our team to always go above and beyond for our customers, fellow employees, and everyone in-between. Here at Whistle Workwear, we believe in taking the time to help someone in need, in going the extra mile, and treating every one with respect and kindness. Del calls this the "Magic of Whistle", because you can choose to shop or work anywhere but you'll always remember how you were treated.
Applicants must be able to work all shifts, including evenings and weekends. Must also be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position including, but not limited to: lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders, and continuous walking and or/ standing in addition to:
- Greet all customers as they enter the store and direct them to their desired location within the store
- Assist customers with footwear, gear and apparel questions in store and on the phone
- Ring up customers at the cash register, take payments, and issue receipts
- Organize and clean the sales floor and restrooms
- Keep an eye on inventory levels and restock, tag, and organize merchandise as needed
- Assist with any warehouse needs
- General retail floor operations
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and services to customers
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a friendly demeanor
- Must be able to work all shifts (including opening/closing and weekends)
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of the position including (but not limited to): Lifting up to 40 lbs | Climbing ladders | Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent product knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Previous retail experience is preferred
- Bilingual and multilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Tech or management experience a plus
Whistle Workwear offers competitive pay as well as benefits to qualified employees including: Medical and dental benefits, Paid Time Off, 401K retirement plan, and generous employee discounts with potential growth within the company as positions open.