Senior Manager, Infrastructure Operations (IOS) Business Relationship Manager (BRM)
Date: Nov 13, 2019
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022-2692
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 35670
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Manager - IOS BRM opening to join our Global Information Services (GIS) CyberSecurity Team.
Day to Day
Today, you might be working with Global Information Services (GIS) Business Relationship Management (BRM) team on aligning cloud services to meet business demand. Tomorrow, could be engaged with a manufacturing facility managing the distributed data center within their facility and this evening communicating a major incident with regional leadership. Later in the week, you could be working to remove constraints on a critical project in the morning and a few hours later engaged in a critical discussion to coach a team member on how to engage differently for better results. The week could end in a priority discussion with BRM leadership on the need to address the technology debt both from a cybersecurity and operational point of view ... testing your data driven negotiation and influence skills.
What You Will Do
- Proactively manage sustainability of regional distributed data centers
- Coordinate the migration of compute equipment into regional distributed data center or public cloud
- Escalation focal for regional Major Incident Management and related communications
- Own and lead regional Change Advisory Board - procedures, performance and execution
- Facilitate planning and execution of regional BRM demand and IOS Service Delivery
- Active member of regional BRM staff representing IOS interests and bidirectional sharing of critical messages
- Engagement in IOSLT AOP huddles representing regional project status
- Insure IOS Project Manager and Transition Coordinator are aligned to all critical regional projects
- Represent IOS as active steering committee member for all regional projects
- Lead project delivery and deployment as region transformations SAP landscape to Hana on Power delivery
- Represent the Infrastructure, Operations, Winning Workplace and Cybersecurity functions in multiple regional forums
- Report directly to the VP of Operations, Winning Workplace and Security with dotted line accountability to VP NAR GIS and VP GIS GPO and IOT
- Lead ITIL processes and continuous improvements for enterprise and region
- Interact with, influence, and negotiate requirements with GIS BRMs and IOS functions
- Ability and need to frame infrastructure investments in support of the strategy to audiences at all levels within the region
- Accountable for all IOS service delivery to the region ... Winning Workplace, Security, Infrastructure, Operations, Engineering, etc. Role will work across the IOS service delivery tower leads to bring the right solutions/services.
- Lead and advise regional teams on tiering to balance business critically with architectural design for business continuity, recovery and resiliency
- Servant leader mindset for responsible enablement of business objectives and employee activity
- Passion for keeping the Whirlpool organization safe, secure and reliable
- Ability to manage expectations, bring together and align different points of view
- Possess outstanding executive presence and communication skills in oral and written form
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and garner influence with other functions
- Self motivated to own and solve difficult challenges and ability to motivate others to higher levels of performance and engagement
- Good technical competence up and down the technology stack - user interface, applications, communications, infrastructure, database, storage, etc.
- Project management capability for business case development, planning, and execution
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodology and leadership for cross skilled teams
- Strong desire and aptitude for continuous learning and keeping abreast of new and emerging technology and cyber threats/vulnerabilities
- Ability to travel globally
- Bachelor's degree required plus 5 years of IT experience, Business Relationship experience preferred
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, ERP, Information Systems, Operations, Engineering, Technology