Date: Jun 18, 2019
Location: Cleveland, TN, US, 37323
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 33217
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer for our Cleveland, TN location. This EHS professional will lead, direct, and support the initiatives to ensure a culture where environmental compliance, protection and reduction of risk are a priority. This position reports directly to the plant's EHS Leader. Candidate will provide leadership and direction for EHS programs at the site and promote a proactive EHS culture and will also assure compliance with all federal, state and local environmental and EHS regulations, and company EHS policies.
- Implements and maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and implementing EHS policies and procedures as required
- Provides site leadership for World Class Manufacturing Environment Pillar, including management of Energy, Water and Waste reduction targets and delivery of associated projects.
- Facilitates tracking of all environmental data & responsible for execution of associated targets
- Supports compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Responsible for completion of applicable regulatory environmental compliance reports, including: Storm water, Industrial Wastewater and SPCC Programs
- Tier 2 "Emergency and Hazardous Chemical Inventory" SARA Title III
- Toxic Chemical Release Inventory (Form R) o Air Emissions Inventory/ Air Permit
- Waste Management - Implementing management system for environmental recordkeeping requirements
- Responsible for compliance activities to support the following permitted activities, including preparing permit applications, fees and other submittals to agencies
- Actively participate in team meetings & demonstrate willingness to partner closely with Operations Directly supervise Waste Treatment Technician Support the Safety Technicians as needed.
- Ability to manage functional site costs, process payments and track EHS spending
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years working in an EHS or Safety role
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, or Engineering or Safety
- Waste Management and Storm water compliance
- Experience preparing/reviewing reports and permits listed above Health and Safety Experience Broad problem solving capabilities
- Ability to utilize Google computer applications
- Customer focused and team-oriented; able to lead projects to drive sustainable business to solutions
Senior Analyst, EH&S
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Chattanooga
Job Segment: Engineer, Social Media, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Environmental Science, Engineering, Marketing, Science