Materials Packaging Engineer
Date: Apr 16, 2019
Location: Findlay, OH, US, 45840
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 32018
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
We are currently looking for a Materials Packaging Engineer for our Findlay, OH operation. This position will provide leadership in developing, facilitating, implementing and troubleshooting the materials packaging processes and flow throughout the entire value stream from supplier to line side delivery. This position is primarily responsible for managing the plant level packaging requirements of parts and the flow of returnable packaging by using lean and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) concepts to support safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals. Day-to-day management of returnable packaging flow requires partnering with service providers, and parts suppliers to drive continuous improvement in the value stream.
This role is also responsible for providing project leadership for new product launches as well as cost savings initiatives within the packaging space. This position will focus on and assist with Lean Materials work including PFEP (Plan for Every Part), kanban, standardized work, packaging, part sequencing, fork-free solutions and 1X1 problem solving.
The Materials Packaging Engineer is also responsible for working with the North American Packaging Lead to drive continuous improvement to the Whirlpool packaging manual used by suppliers and to drive best practice sharing across plants.
- Management of the returnable packaging flow, working with part suppliers, transportation partners, service providers, and plant level materials teams, to drive continuous improvement activities utilizing lean principles.
- Project management of new packaging designs, lean projects including business case development, piloting solutions and final implementation
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging or Industrial Engineering
- 2+ years' work experience in supply chain concepts and parts flow.
- 1+ year experience managing projects
- Understanding of lean concepts and World Class Manufacturing Methodology
- Understand and employ basic change management methodology.
- Use logic and problem solving tools to develop plans to meet targets
- Lead conversations with suppliers in a proactive, productive manner.
- Use of Google Tools (Google: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms & Drawings).
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Package Design, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Materials Engineer, Social Media, Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing