Chassis Enginner - Sheet Metal and Plastic Design
Date: Jun 27, 2019
Location: Saint Joseph, MI, US, 49085
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 33044
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool is seeking a qualified candidate for a Chassis Enginner - Sheet Metal and Plastic Design Engineer for our Saint Joseph, MI location. This position will be responsible for the design, verification and implementation of sheet metal and plastic parts for dryers globally, working with cross functional teams around the globe participating on new product launches, cost reduction and quality projects, and own component roadmap development and execution, as well as communicating trade-offs of system attributes.
- Design, verify and implement new components for new products, cost and quality projects.
- Understand the requirements and develop trade off curves..
- Responsible for FMEAs management.
- Develop complexity map and road map (technology, materials and attributes).
- Manage a pipeline for cost and quality projects.
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 3+ years' experience in sheet metal and plastic design.
- BSME or Mechatronic Degree
- Cost & Quality project execution experience
- Lean PD/OPEX,
- Design for Safety/Reliability/Assembly;
- New product development experience.
- Plastics injection molding design experience
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Engineer, Social Media, Design Engineer, Engineering, Marketing