Program Manager (Data Science)
Commensurate with experience
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
As a condition of employment, employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
WhirlWind is on a mission to help each client succeed by using our management consulting and technology expertise. We design, build, and manage secure environments that support data-driven decision making and data-powered products. Our services transform governments and enhance the lives of citizens.
Our people are driven and committed to our mission. If you want to join a team of rock stars who do incredible, purposeful work, and have fun doing it, come thrive with us and be one of the heroes behind our success. We offer an attractive benefits package including a competitive base salary and have been voted the Best Place to Work for 2021 - 2023 and counting!
Seeking to fill an immediate opening for a Program Manager responsible for operational planning, creative problem-solving, and is accountable for key metrics with an emerging technologies customer team. This role will lead and guide technical staff with project experience relating to data science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), or familiarity with key concepts in each field. This Program Manager will create ways to increase operational efficiencies, automating where possible, to enable more technical delivery. This role will work closely with high-level government customers and senior level management as the liaison to administrative and budget teams to ensure key operations are well-enabled. Will be able to design and execute new and/or streamlined business processes that reduce operational burden and support operational needs bolstering the Emerging Technology Fellows Program. This work is in Suitland, MD or Remote. The ideal candidate has at least a bachelor's degree, with an advanced degree preferred, and a minimum of 5 years' experience with strong abilities to approach complex problems creatively, to lead and manage all levels of the team to include customers skillfully, and to devise the delivery of thoughtful solutions. This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Technology and Innovation.
Top 3 Outcomes in Year 1
- Ensure and achieve on-time or early completion of tasks and deliverable submissions
- Build new and strengthen existing stakeholder relationships
- Identify key issues for the client and propose innovative solutions
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, own, and execute the operational oversight of this customer team to ensure impeccable features and functionality of projects and products.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and risks to milestones, deliverables, strategy, and the vision of the project and/or product.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools ensuring identification and management of project dependencies and critical paths.
- Work in a remote-first culture within a cross-functional team to build, develop, and grow any business relationship vital to the success of the project and/or product.
- Experience in research management and operations or familiarity with key concepts in each field is a plus.
- Research applications being used to analyze and visualize data and drive decisions.
- Communicate technical work to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide vision and direction to the team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements by following and improving established processes.
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or related equivalent experience
- Ability to attain Public Trust position
- 5 years of experience with research and/or operational management, development projects relating to data science, AI, or familiarity with key concepts in each field a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft project management software.
- Ability to work in a rapid paced environment, with a desire to make significant impacts and to learn and apply new technologies.
- Superior service ethic, with a strong self-directed work focus and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be an excellent communicator (oral and written) with sound analytical and presentation skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively and independently.
- Outstanding record of achievement in current/past positions.
- Collegial and dedicated to the success of the team.
- Successful candidates must possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills to interface with a wide range of personnel, solve problems, resolve conflicts, and build relationships.
- Appetite for hard problems.
- Masters or PhD
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Passionate about operational excellence
- Interest in being part of a small "startup" type team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills from a creative thinker with a vision
- Airtable experience a plus
WhirlWind Technologies, LLCOxon Hill, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.