Business Development Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Business Development Analyst
$45,000 - $50,000 annually
Able to obtain Public Trust
As a condition of employment, employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
WhirlWind is on a mission to help each client succeed by using our management consulting and technology expertise. We design, build, and manage secure environments that support data-driven decision making and data-powered products. Our services transform governments and enhance the lives of citizens.
Our people are driven and committed to our mission. If you want to join a team of rock stars who do incredible, purposeful work, and have fun doing it, come thrive with us and be one of the heroes behind our success. We offer an attractive benefits package including a competitive base salary and have been voted the Best Place to Work for 2021.
WhirlWind Technologies is seeking a part-time Business Development Analyst to be part of our growing business development team located in National Harbor, MD. The Business Development Analyst will be reporting to the Executive Vice President in order to develop, manage, and support a pipeline of new and existing opportunities within the commercial and government space.
Top 3 Outcomes in Year 1
- Reduce level of effort to qualify leads by 25%
- Increase Qualified Opportunities in Pipeline by 50%
- Develop a review process that includes 100% of verified Business Development sources
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviews incoming leads for pre-qualification
- Identifies, researches and supports development of response to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Sources Sought notices issued by the Federal Government using a variety of opportunity portals such as GovWin, Beta.Sam.gov, eBuy, and others.
- Reviews, creates, and implements standard processes and tools to support the operational component of the BD lifecycle
- Continually looks for ways to improve the operational processes, tools for end-users and leads the design/implementation of such improvements.
- Researches and identifies potential teaming partners in pursuit of potential opportunities.
- Participate in industry days, appropriate associations, and networking opportunities.
- Perform competitive assessment, risk analysis and Bid/No-Bid recommendation in daily briefings
- Responsible for entering and updating opportunity data in the company's CRM system
- Research critical players and key influencers
- Other duties as assigned
- BA / BS in business or any other related degree.
- Must have 1-3 years of Business Development experience.
- Recent college graduate with internship experience preferred.
- Government contracting experience a plus.
- Experience with WhirlWind Technologies' current core competency industry trends and the competitive environment.
- Experience using Beta.Sam.gov, GovWin and other research platforms preferrable.
- Completed formal training in either the Shipley® methods or Shipley StrengthBased Winning® approach is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work effectively under deadlines and produce accurate work.
- Exceptional communication skills including written and interpersonal.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively achieve specific goals and objectives and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Proficiency in Google platform and applications, Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and Visio.
WhirlWind Technologies, LLC
AddressOxon Hill, MD
BusinessView all jobs at WhirlWind Technologies, LLC