Community Relations Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
At Whipple Service Champions, we care deeply about our relationship with the community, both internal and external. We’re seeking a Community Relations Specialist to help us maintain and nurture these relationships in our company and beyond.
Our ideal team member will have excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills, but also the ability to foster positive relationships with both individuals and organizations. You’ll be the principal ambassador for the organization, often speaking internally and publicly – delivering the company’s vision within the local community.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop a strategy to build and maintain programs and activities that will have a positive impact on the community
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the community, key individuals, and other organizations
- Serve as a key point of contact for neighboring businesses, institutions, and communities.
- Be the principal ambassador for the organization, responsible for delivering the company’s vision within the local community.
- Act as a mentor to junior community relations staff to assist their professional development and ensure they are aligned with strategic initiatives
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Organize community outreach programs and coordinate special events that promote products, services, or ideas of the company
- Draft and distribute various communications that promote the company, as well as individuals or groups within the company
- Attend relevant events and activities to represent the company and build strong relationships with key community members
- Respond to inquiries from community members and other interested parties – when needed, recruit a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist
- Build cross-functional relationships within the company and promote
- Manage social media content plans and virtual groups to enhance the online profile of the company
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism
- At least two years of work experience in public relations or a related field
- Courses in advertising, marketing, business administration, public affairs, public speaking, and creative and technical writing can also be helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, or related writing and presentation software
Whipple Service Champions
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
GovernmentView all jobs at Whipple Service Champions