- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Whipple Service Champions is looking to add a full time accounting clerk to our team. If you are friendly, honest and proactive, this position may be a good fit for you. Whipple is committed to the success of its employees and the satisfaction of our customers. We are a family oriented company that truly focuses on creating a thriving work environment. We are looking for someone who is wanting a long term position and that feels they can bring positive impact to our accounting department.
This is Full-Time Accounting Position (40 hours /week). This position will currently work temporarily from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This position will return to working in office at a date that has not yet been determined.
This position performs a variety of administrative and bookkeeping activities including, but not limited to, preparation of invoices and/or bills, payments of invoices, data-entry tasks and other work-projects assigned by accounting manager. Must have knowledge of accounting principles, basic spreadsheet, 10 key-by-touch and computer skills. Must have the ability to meet multiple deadlines and have excellent attention to detail. Will possess a High school diploma or a GED equivalent. Your solid attendance record is mandatory to be successful in this position.
- Calculates and inputs employee's wages in preparation for payroll.
- Processes invoices for products and services ensuring accuracy and quantity data input.
- Responds to a variety of accounting-related questions, inquiries, and/or special projects assigned by the accounting manager.
- Assists accounting staff with questions on products, services, installs, accounting details as required.
- Assists with preparation of various accounting and financial reports specific to the position and/or as assigned by the accounting manager.
- May perform any accounting function or cross training in any accounting position at any time and as assigned by the accounting manager.
- This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
This position requires the following skills, abilities, and education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; associates degree in related field preferred
- Three years of accounting (or equivalent experience), and an understanding of basic accounting principles, mathematical and spreadsheet skills; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
- Must possess the ability to navigate Windows-based computer operating system
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to think critically and work independently
- Personable with clients and co-workers at all levels
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experienced in MS Office Suite
- Ability to calculate wages using various compensation methods determined by work performed
- Must be reliable, hardworking, and able to appropriately handle confidential information
Depending on experience and education, the starting hourly wage is $15.50 -17 per hour.
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply online today.
For more information on our company, visit our website at www.whippleservicechampions.com
Whipple Service ChampionsWhy Work Here?
Dynamic growth, technology driven, family environment, employee focused
Whipple Service Champions has been in business since 1947. We specialize in Residential Plumbing, HVAC, Drain Cleaning and Electrical services.
963 W Folsom AvenueSalt Lake City, UT
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Whipple Service Champions