- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Whippany Actuation Systems is looking for a top-notch finance professional to join our diverse team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about their work and strive toward professional excellence as our next Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will be able and willing to be put on the fast-track for a future VP of Finance or Controller position within the TransDigm Group of companies. To be successful, you will need to have expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices. In this hands-on leadership position, you will act as a key support to the VP of Finance, members of the executive management team, and other colleagues in all business-related activities to help drive growth and improve the company finances.
Whippany Actuation Systems is a dynamic aerospace company that designs and manufactures electromechanical actuators and control electronics for commercial and military applications. We believe that our success over the last 75 years can be credited to the hard-work and dedication of our employees. To support our employees, we offer a variety of benefit options so they can choose the coverage based on what is important to their unique lifestyle. These include medical, dental, vision, ID protection, legal insurance, pet insurance, and a robust employee assistance program. In addition, we provide benefits to assist you in planning for your future and providing for your family, including 401K with immediate company match, life insurance, AD&D coverage, and short- and long-term disability benefits.In this role, you would typically:
- Assist with all aspects of monthly closing, financial reporting & analysis, and preparation/review of monthly reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and compliance with policy.
- Lead activities associated with the preparation of Business Unit forecasts, budgeting, and reviewing manufacturing performance.
- Drive in-depth product and business process analysis and make recommendations to improve performance, efficiency, productivity, cost-reduction, and revenue growth.
- Analyze budget versus actual performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform variance analysis and make recommendations for improved performance in inventory, procurement, supplier management, and make-buy decisions.
- Assist with on-going improvement of administrative, financial, risk management, and internal control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial result, including system upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements including GAAP, SOX, FARs and other relevant policies. Support audits as necessary.
- Drive working internal and external capital performance, track movement, and make recommendations for improvement.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field
- 5 years’ progressive accounting and/or financial analyst experience
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Account Principles) and regulations
- You to be authorized to work in the US
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills coupled with the ability to develop automated processes to extract raw data from and ERP and convert to high quality management information
- Experience in a manufacturing environment which includes utilizing and Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
- Experience with Government pricing requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Self-motivated, organized individual with the ability to prioritize
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Sedentary work; sitting for extended periods of time
- Close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
- Requires repetitive movement
For more information and to apply, please visit our website @ www.whipactsys.com/careers
Whippany Actuation Systems is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Individuals who have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection process (i.e. the online application or interviews) or have questions regarding our website accessibility, may call 973-560-6662.
Whippany Actuation Systems
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Assistant Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.