Mobile Support Unit Aircraft Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Who We AreWe make the extraordinary, accessible, every day.
Wheels Up (NYSE: UP), a world leader in private aviation, offers a total private aviation solution that includes world-class safety, service, and flexibility through on-demand flights, membership programs, corporate solutions, aircraft management, whole aircraft sales, and a strategic partnership with Delta Air Lines. We offer a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting and growing industry. This is a chance to join a team of some of the best aviation professionals in the industry, committed to unparalleled safety and service for our clients, in a range of sectors from military to ultra-high-net-worth individuals.
Wheels Up Private Jets is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wheels Up. Its services include Private Membership, Aircraft Management, Maintenance, FBO services, Charter Operations, and Aircraft sales. We offer a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting and dynamic industry. This is a chance to join a team which has an incredible depth of knowledge as well as the drive to deliver service excellence to our clients across a wide variety of sectors from the military to ultra -high-net-worth individuals
Wheels Up is looking for a world-class Mobile Support Unit Aircraft Technician in Sterling, VA (KIAD) to join our team of dedicated and passionate professionals, fueled by the most powerful brand in private aviation, as we continue our mission of democratizing the private aviation space through cutting-edge technology and innovative product and service offerings.Responsibilities
The MSU Aircraft Technician will perform a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions on AOG aircraft on road trips. Duties include advanced troubleshooting, removal and installations of airframe components, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, control systems and any other maintenance requirements required to return aircraft to service.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with scheduling, flight crews, Technical Support, vendors, and leadership.
- Perform maintenance and servicing of all aircraft mechanical and avionics systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks.
- Responsible to coordinate/order, receive and inspect all tooling and materials needed to service the aircraft, prior to use/installation.
- Responsible for inspecting the MSU truck, tools for calibration/operation, stocking levels and hazmat.
- Arranges the shipment of all core units and tooling back to the proper location.
- Properly completes work order signoffs, logbook entries, shift turnovers, expense reports and all other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all work accomplished meets quality standards, maintenance manual and company policies.
- Establishes and maintains a professional working relationship and promotes the Wheels Up brand positively when interacting with others.
- Properly identifies (tags) parts and equipment. Stores aircraft components and other property securely and safely.
- Operates and supervises use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components.
- Coordinates with Line Service and FBO ops to schedule movement of aircraft and assist with movement of aircraft.
- Provides regular updates on aircraft status and all support activity to MCC and leadership, as needed.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Assists in training new/junior employees.
- Responsible for maintaining company training requirements.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required.
- Valid Driver's License required
- 4+ years combined experience in inspection, maintenance or servicing of corporate type aircraft
- 2+ years Citation XL, Citation X, Beechcraft King Air, or Hawker Beechcraft 400XP aircraft experience
- Advanced knowledge of inspection and maintenance procedures for the noted aircraft models and systems.
- FCC license, preferred.
- Formal training (Flight Safety Maintenance initial) in the Beechcraft King Air, Citation XL, Citation X, or Hawker Beechcraft 400XP, preferred.
What's In It For You
At Wheels Up, you will help make the extraordinary possible. Our culture is rooted in a shared dedication to living our 5x5 Values - Safety, Trust, Accountability, Belonging and Innovation - the core of who we are and what we celebrate. At Wheels Up, our people are our success. Exploring a career at Wheels Up gives you a chance earn amazing compensation and benefits, helping you and your family have the type of balance you deserve in both your career, and life away from work:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with generous company contributions up to 6%
- Paid time off including vacation, holidays, paid personal time, maternity and parental leave
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits
- Family care assistance through fertility support, surrogacy and adoption assistance, lactation support, subsidized back-up care, and programs that help with loved ones in all stages
- Total Personal Well-being programs to support physical, emotional, social, and financial health, including access to an employee assistance program offering support for you and anyone in your household, free financial coaching, and extensive resources supporting mental health
- Career development programs to achieve your long-term career goals
The wage range for this position $58/Hr - $58/Hr base salary is determined on a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, such as differences in skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. This wage range has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with where the position may be filled. At Wheels Up, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role. Your placement within the wage range is primarily based on your qualifications and experience.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
What You Will Bring
- An unwavering commitment to SAFETY
- The ability to build TRUST through transparency and communication
- A commitment to achieving results the right way and a willingness to take ACCOUNTABILITY when we do not
- The knowledge that there is power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together and a culture of BELONGING leads to unlimited and unrestricted collaboration
- A belief that INNOVATION is only possible in an environment where we make things simpler, strive for continuous improvement and understand that great thinking can come from anywhere in our organization
- A willingness to be curious, constantly asking questions to help promote creative thinking, problem solving and trouble shooting
- A desire to collaborate and be part of a diverse team and when necessary, lean into and manage conflict effectively
- A high level of integrity in everything you do
- A strong commitment to service and a meticulous attention to detail
- A level of professionalism unmatched in the aviation industry
Commitment to Diversity
At Wheels Up our 5x5 Value of Belonging is based on the principle that every employee has a voice. We believe in inclusiveness, and celebrate each person's individuality, because there is power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. We are launching DEIB initiatives that support ALL employees and help to cultivate a culture where ALL employees can bring their authentic selves to work.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities
Wheels Up is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send a fax to 859-334-6552. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as the subject line of your email or as the titleEmployment Type: FULL_TIME
23411 Autopilot DriveSterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.