ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for accounting and reporting for Oglebay Foundation (a non-profit organization that uses fund accounting)
- Provides significant support to the Controller by assuming responsibility for routine journal entries and closing procedures and assisting with other general accounting duties
- Assists the Controller in preparing documents for the annual audits of the Wheeling Park Commission, Oglebay Foundation and the Park System Trust Fund
- Assists the Controller with creating purchase orders, tracking invoices, and reporting on capital projects and capital equipment purchases
- Audits credit card transactions and resolves disputes
- Reconciles all cash accounts to electronic bank statements and to the general ledger
- Schedules routine maintenance on office equipment and places service calls, as needed
- Prepares monthly grant requests to Oglebay Foundation and the Park System Trust Fund
- Prepares invoices in Dynamics GP for billable services (Wheeling Landscaping, Wheeling Beautification, Oglebay Institute, etc.)
- Posts and reconciles prepaid invoices and makes entries to the general ledger to allocate expenses
- Recommends procedures for handling and tracking cash drops for special events such as Oglebay Fest
- Writes and maintains a manual of Standard Operating Procedures for financial matters Complete appropriate trainings listed on the human resources Training Matrix
- Adhere to Wheeling Park Commission’s safety rules and policy; refer any and all safety concerns to department manager, safety committee or human resources
- Interact with the public with a cheerful and positive attitude, solve guest problems and complaints in a proper manner, and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees
- Responsible for general office management when the Controller is unavailable
- Trains and supervises staff in proper procedures related to handling cash, collecting receivables, paying invoices, and other routine matters
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wheeling Park CommissionWheeling, WV
Finance and InsuranceView All Wheeling Park Commission Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.