Wheeler Staffing Partners is seeking a Sr. Hospice Billing Manager to join a hospice billing team for a company in Dallas, Texas.
As the Senior Hospice Billing Manager, you will oversee collecting and managing account payments while supervising a team of Hospice Billers, Collectors and Authorization and Eligibility. This is a full time position with robust benefits and an exceptional company culture.
- Supervise the Hospice Billing and Authorization/Eligibility teams.
- Ensure hospice billing department is operating properly and efficiently.
- Ensure billing managers/specialists are:
- Billing/collecting all claims in a timely manner.
- Obtaining authorization and eligibility in a timely manner.
- Approving invoices timely based on contracted terms.
- Following up on outstanding items with branch staff and working billing audits.
- Stay up to date on Homecare Homebase platform updates.
- Provide and/or constructive feedback to billing managers/specialists.
- Provide leadership to the Hospice billing department via staff meetings and written communications.
- Ensure Hospice billing department adheres to compliance guidelines and regulations.
- Coordinate employee vacations to ensure department has adequate coverage.
- Train and onboard new employees.
- Systems Used: Microsoft – Excel & Word, Medicare DDE, Zirmed, TMHP, Homecare Homebase.
- Experience in all aspects of hospice billing is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years of experience with billing functions.
- Fast learner, proficient with computers, detail-oriented, and ability to work with deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse individuals. (Insurance companies, third-party vendors, patients/family members, nursing homes, Medicare, Medicaid, and fellow employees at branch offices.)