The Facility Accountants are responsible for performing full-cycle accounting for typically 7 to 9 facilities. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Record all of the month-end journal entries for assigned facilities.
- Perform financial statement variance analysis to ensure the facility-level financial statements are properly stated. This includes detailed revenue and reserve analysis.
- Act as a resource for facility contacts, internal departments, as well as the management, to assist in providing/explaining financial statement information.
- Perform monthly/quarterly cash flow analysis to support distribution calculations.
- Perform facility valuations.
- Perform all month-end balance sheet reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) for the facilities in which they are assigned.
- Provide supporting documentation to internal and external auditors.
- Actively participate in the yearly budgeting process, providing guidance to their facilities as needed.
- Assist with special projects.
- Facilitate the completion of monthly close procedures, including roll forwards and reconciliations;
- Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages;
- Provide quarterly budget-to-actual comparisons to department heads;
- Prepare and collect support for external auditors;
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s yearly budget; and
- Fulfill other duties, commensurate with experience, as a member of the facility accounting team.
- Takes ownership and pride in his/her work and enjoys learning new things,
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Is proficient in Excel, Oracle GL experience a plus (but not a requirement),
- Has the capacity to work within tight deadlines, and
- Works well both independently and within a team environment.
- Staff (0-3 years)
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Accounting or Finance (minimum GPA 3.0),
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Wheeler Staffing PartnersWSP specializes in filling contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections — and our candidates — combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings. WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.