Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring a talented and versatile Associate Counsel with structured finance and warehouse lending experience to join our client’s team in Tampa, FL. The Associate Counsel will work on a wide range of legal issues involved in growing and maintaining our client’s business. They will act as a direct advisor to department heads as well as the CEO. This is a hybrid role and applicants must be fully vaccinated.
Associate Counsel Responsibilities:
- Provide transactional support for structured finance and warehouse lending, including the review, negotiation and drafting of various loan and collateral documentation, pricing letters, term sheets and other master agreements
- Negotiate and draft master loan purchase agreements, commitment fee letters, intercreditor and subordination agreements
- Support general corporate matters including but limited to NDAs, operating and service contracts, leases, and employee relations
- Work closely with Finance, Capital Markets, Loan Acquisitions and Asset Management teams
- Interface with and manage external counsel to ensure high quality and timely legal advice and transactional support – act as point person
- Provide legal support and address all legal issues in connection with loan portfolios
Associate Counsel Requirements:
- 5 - 8 years of relevant lending transactional experience practicing at a law firm and/or in-house legal department at a financial services company with structured products and warehouse financing required
- Experience in mortgage industry and related capital markets strongly preferred
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited institution required
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Florida and New Jersey
- Candidate must be vaccinated
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making skills under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be available to work in office as required by management
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Wheeler Staffing PartnersTampa, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.