Wheeler Staffing Partners is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for a company in Downtown Dallas, Texas.
Perform routine accounting work in the accounts receivable and credit and collection function. Secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts, resolving discrepancies.
Essential Functions ...
- Manage accounts receivable portfolio of assigned accounts.
- Process and post cash transactions and receipts.
- Update daily cash tracking and reporting.
- Manage course of action to validate, analyze, reconcile and expedite the resolution of customer/sales deductions.
- Process approved sales/marketing promotions into System.
- Attend meetings with sales to review risk accounts; resolve deductions and charge-backs.
- Prepare various accounts receivable reports and analyses.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relations.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Working Conditions and Hazards ...
Normal plant, shop, field or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Negligible/little or no exposure.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended
to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
- Two years of college or equivalent
- 2+ years of cash receipt experience minimum
- Proficiency in MS word, excel, and recordkeeping
- Detail oriented, with accurate data entry skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Previous SAP experience a plus, but NOT required
- 5-6 years accounts receivable
- 2-3 year Great Plains ERP system experience
- 10-key by touch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines