The Missions & Mercy/Matthew 25 Program Coordinator
JOB TITLE: The Missions & Mercy/Matthew 25 Program Coordinator for Social Services
EMPLOYER: Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church
DEPARTMENT: Matthew 25
REPORTS TO: Rev. Alexander E. M. Johnson
The Missions & Mercy/Matthew 25 Program Coordinator for Social Services reports to the Executive Pastor and is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring programs in the department. Responsible for working closely with various public and private agencies to ensure the Social Services delivery network meets the basic needs of the intended population. Work involves applying for and administering funds through current and future programs of the department, monitoring contract compliance and service delivery, coordinating services with other public and private agencies, and supervising administrative /clerical employees.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of social services.
- Background/Experience in grant writing/administration.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Make assessments of the financial needs of congregants and community members and process assistance accordingly.
- Oversee the distribution of resources to assist with utilities and housing.
- Collaborate with other social service programs
- Coordinate activities related to research, identification, preparation and submission, receipt, and administration of public foundation funds/grants.
- Maintain follow-up activities on all outstanding funds/grant applications to ensure submission problems are resolved.
- Identify social services needs and determine the appropriate response to those needs.
- Analyze current WABC social service programs and implement appropriate activities that improve the delivery of services to clients.
- Researches and responds to internal and external requests for information.
- Develop and recommend new or modifications to existing policies and procedures.
- Monitors department budgets.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease client service time, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless service to clients.
- Coordinates annual feedings for people experiencing homelessness and hunger.
Education, Experience, Skill/Ability Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited collegiate/university institution
- Five years’ work experience in a church or relevant professional/non-profit setting is preferred
- Prior experience developing and managing programs
- Managing budgets, bookkeeping, and reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Highly proficient in MS Office, general computer skills (prefer good understanding of databases and reporting
- Health, Rx, Dental, Vision, Retirement Benefits, Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance
- Vacation, PTO, Holidays, and Sick days
Wheeler Avenue Baptist ChurchHouston, TX
Get fresh The Missions & Mercy/Matthew 25 Program Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.