Para-Clinical Coordinator (LPN, RN)
- Posted: 4 days ago
Founded 80 years ago, the Wheaton Eye Clinic is a nationally recognized multi-subspecialty ophthalmology practice that spans the western suburbs of Chicago with offices in Wheaton, Naperville, Hinsdale, Saint Charles, Bartlett, and Plainfield and an ophthalmology-specific ambulatory surgery center at the main office in Wheaton. Dedicated to our mission of providing exceptional eye care, our 32 ophthalmologists and 7 optometrists in every ophthalmic subspecialty are highly respected in the region and have superb relationships with referring colleagues and health systems. We are currently looking to add to our staff with this specialty position.
The Para-Clinical Coordinator is responsible for promptly and professionally assisting the physician in providing excellent and compassionate clinical care to our neuro-ophthalmology, uveitis and pediatric ophthalmology patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate documentation of the patient's medical concern, history of present illness, review of systems and all pertinent ocular findings accurately and in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Coordinate patient care plans by liaising with all necessary care providers to ensure patient needs are met and appointments are scheduled appropriately.
- Obtain outside patient records and lab results prior to patient visits.
- Initiate follow up with patients on physician placed orders in the medical record such as MRI, CT, labs, and referrals to other specialists.
- Work with insurance companies on behalf of physicians and patients to provide needed documentation of medical necessity for all ordered tests.
- Ensure that all ordered test have results that are scanned/resulted in the chart for the physician in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with support services to accurately obtain necessary information for the physician to ensure that appointments/testing are scheduled per physician specifications.
- Respond promptly and courteously to questions from patients and/or patients guardian through email, telephone, or in person.
- Follow up and thoroughly documents physician/patient/parent conversations.
Understands and abides by department clinical modules.
- Work with the Medical Department Manager, Support Services Manager and Assistant Manager to assist with training Wheaton Eye Clinic employees.
- Assists Surgery Scheduling department as needed.
- Completes projects as assigned by physicians and management. Completes messaging on daily basis.
- Abides by both HIPAA and OSHA policies and procedures.
- Instructs patients regarding pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Maintains equipment and ophthalmic instruments.
- Attend departmental meetings/ and or lectures and stay up to date on all business initiatives related to the clinic.
- Perform other related duties as assigned under guidance of the Medical Department Manager.
- Coordinate therapy and/or procedures including but not limited to infusions and spinal taps.
- Co-ordinate with outside offices regarding referrals, records and CD's.
- Manage scheduling issues.
- Maintain a record of physician placed orders and patient follow up in the patient's medical record.
- Assist physician with FA injections (RN certified only).
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- RN - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure in good standing in the state of practice. LPN - Completion of state approved training program (generally in the form of a diploma, certificate, or associate degree) LPN license in good standing.
- Knowledge of ophthalmology clinical terminology. Knowledge of laboratory and radiologic testing.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package and a generous 401(k) program
Wheaton Eye Clinic LTD
HealthcareView all jobs at Wheaton Eye Clinic LTD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?