Coordinator - Support Services
- Expired: 19 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Support Services Coordinator at Wheaton Eye will work in coordination with the Support Services Manager and other Coordinators to ensure all daily work is accomplished effectively at the front desk. The Coordinator will coordinate and supervise activities of the front desk staff including but not limited to, patient phone calls, policies and procedures related to scheduling, eligibility verification, and payment collection and work with the appropriate individuals to ensure efficient patient/clinic flow.
The Coordinator is the first line support for staff and physicians on service specific issues at the front desk. The Coordinator is the support for the assigned area when the Support Services Manager is not available. The Coordinator is responsible for directing and coaching the Support Services staff in their assigned area.
The Support Services Coordinator demonstrates flexibility in position assignment, maintains a positive rapport with fellow employees and is expected to work well independently.
The Support Services Coordinator demonstrates initiative in accomplishing all Wheaton Eye goals, follows HIPAA guidelines for patient privacy, abides by all Wheaton Eye and departmental guidelinesDuties/Responsibilities:
- Identify and act to resolve any patient flow issues to maintain acceptable lines.
- Be proficient with insurance process to ensure the staffs’ accuracy to code and enter patient insurance.
- Supervise, counsel and train Front Desk Staff.
- Report to Department Manager any department issues concerning patients or employees.
- Coordinate break and lunch coverage.
- Enhance patient satisfaction and a positive team-based work environment for the department.
- Ensure forms are fully stocked at all work stations to include the physician bio-card display.
- Monitor and ensure the coffee station is filled and maintained.
- Ensure accurate and efficient end of day processing and closing of daily batches by all employees.
- Responsible for proficient and accurate billing/cashiering, and appointment scheduling.
- Provide back up for the staff when functioning in the Coordinator role.
- Ability to oversee employee workflow while performing routine front desk position duties when necessary.
- Ensure that weekly deposits are made.
- Oversee that all accounting books are balanced at end of month.
- Monthly Patient totals are completed daily and totaled monthly including summaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dependability and flexibility.
- Knowledge of physician scheduling guidelines and demonstrate a positive leadership role.
- Understanding of insurance and practice management software.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the clinic to access information from other departments in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work under stress and provide excellent customer service while faced with interruptions and deadlines.
- Excellent conflict management skills
High School Diploma
Bachelor’s Degree PreferredPhysical Requirements Environmental Conditions:
Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, lifting up to 10 lbs.
Problem solving, negotiating, supervising, organizing, planning, time management, decision making, critical thinking, interpreting data, writing, reading, compassion, leadership.
Wheaton Eye Clinic LTD
BusinessView all jobs at Wheaton Eye Clinic LTD
Get fresh Operations Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.