Student Care Services Office Assistant
Reporting to the Director of Student Care Services, this position coordinates the Student Care Services office and supports office tasks for the Student Development office suite. This is a part-time position: 28 hours per week/10 months per year (August 1 - May 31) and 10 hours a week/2 months per year (June 1 - July 31).
1. Provide administrative support to the Student Care Services office such as scheduling meetings, coordinating work calendar, providing committee support, organizing daily office operations, tracking deadlines for reports, as well as managing the collection and compiling of survey data.
2. Support the Director of Student Care Services with preparing materials and executing SCS program/trainings, communications and correspondence; as well as managing Student Care Services email.
3. Update SCS website, printed materials, service processes, protocols and policies, and facilitate campus distribution.
4. Responsible for communicating and coordinating SCN software needs/concerns with AIT and off campus vendor:
1. Annual/semester on-boarding of new users and removal of old users
2. Reporting problems and navigating work flow
3. Activating turnover of student schedules each semester within SCN.
5. Refine and upload communication templates and survey's into SCN as requested
6. Document confidential communication/information about students and uploading in SCN as requested
7. Greet, welcome and receive everyone entering the Student Development Office suite, assisting students and visitors with questions, providing information,directing to appropriate offices, and at times scheduling appointments.
8. Maintain budget records (tracking and submitting expenses & reconciliation process for SCS), process invoices and coordinate conference/speaking travel arrangements.
9. Notify staff and faculty through the Student Care Network when the Dean of Counseling and Wellness, Director of Student Care Services or Director of Student Health Services provides student information authorizing days for missing classes
10. Answer telephones - providing relevant resources as available, taking clear messages as required or transferring calls as necessary.
11. Support Student Development Office suite needs that include but are not limited to:
1. Opening or closing the office
2. Manage electronic files for new students, transition graduating student files to historic records, and obtain student files from off-cite central files for Student Development staff upon request.
3. Review student files for various conduct related clearances.
4. Send out approved campus surveys.
5. Support the reading and editing campus wide email announcements.
1. Other duties as assigned.
1. One year of experience in customer service with strong interpersonal, professional and communication skills.
2. Associate's degree
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality
4. Computer Skills: proficient in Microsoft Office products, and select database programs (e.g., Banner, Access, and web-based programs).
5. Resourceful, organized, detail oriented, and team focused
6. Ability to multitask and prioritize activities/projects
7. A commitment to the goals and purposes of Christian higher education and a life that is consonant with the Statement of Faith and the Community Covenant of Wheaton College.
Position: Student Care Services Office Assistant
Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 414
# of Openings: 1