Restaurant General Manager
Up to $75K/YR plus Bonus (DOE)
Oklahoma City Area
Whataburger Restaurants is continuing to grow throughout the Oklahoma City and surrounding areas. Our popular, family-owned restaurant has become a local favorite and remains committed to delivering fresh, hot food to our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To continue our tradition of excellent service and outstanding menu options, we rely on our entire team to keep all of our restaurants running smoothly... that's were you come in! We are now seeking an experienced General Manager to join us in the Oklahoma City area.
Up to $75,000/year (DOE) Plus Bonus
The General Manager is responsible for managing, directing and developing a strong team to satisfy the sales, production, service, and supervisory needs of his/her restaurant. Ensures recruiting, budgeting, marketing, and sales goals are obtained throughout the assigned restaurant. Utilizes the sales and marketing plan as the basis for setting customer service goals to improve sales through increased customer traffic. Makes decisions regarding the recruitment, development, and performance of team. Demonstrates a willingness to listen to Team Members, Team Leaders and Managers and addresses opportunities that arise. Ensures a clean, safe, and energy-efficient operation during each shift. Ensures the store is always, in the customer's eye, "ready for business."
· Demonstrates operational excellence through positive relationships with Family Members and customers, acting on Whataburger’s emphasis on Pride, Care, and Love.
· Manage restaurant staff to include hiring, providing new hire orientation, scheduling, coaching, counseling, constructing Online Development Plans, evaluating, and providing feedback on performance with Team Members, Team Leaders, and Managers.
· Facilitates appropriate working sessions, meetings, and discussions among Team Members, Team Leaders, and Managers to share best practices, address underperforming areas, and develop plans for improvement.
· Engage in sales and marketing activities to increase sales and drive customer traffic.
· Achieve the sales plan and budgeted Gross Operating Profit After Compensation (GOPAC) in line with Period and Quarterly projections.
· Ensure accurate inventories are conducted regularly, and maintain efficient ordering.
· Maintain strong communication between Area Manager and unit Family Members to ensure restaurant meets Whataburger standards.
· Investigate and ensure accurate timely reporting of all safety incidents.
· Conduct and review Quality and Food Safety Audits.
· Ensure Team Members, Team Leaders, and Managers follow accurate cash handling and security procedures.
· Communicate all complaints involving Whataburger policy violations to upper management.
· Complete required paperwork, adhering to timelines and accuracy standards. Includes standard and special reports for senior management.
· Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
To continue the path for career success at Whataburger, the General Manager will participate in a skills development program and will be required to achieve certifications associated with the position.
Experience:(Minimum experience the job requires.)
· Demonstrated intermediate to advanced level of ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Knowledge:(Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively.)
· Basic to intermediate knowledge of back of house systems, point of sale systems, restaurant operating systems, and the Internet.
· Strong general knowledge of the organization and its functions.
· Strong general knowledge of working practices, procedures, and techniques.
· Intermediate to advanced understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
· Intermediate to advanced ability to delegate projects and get work done through others.
· Intermediate to advanced understanding of performance review process.
· Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and direct reports with ample notice and preparation.
Education:(Minimum formal education the job requires.)
· High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
Physical:(Minimum physical requirement to perform the job effectively.)
· Must be able to manually lift and move up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
· Must have the ability to stand during entire shift.
· Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry, and push.
· Ability to read (orders on tickets, menu board, receipts, etc.).
· Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items.
· Frequent washing of hands.
· Ability to use computers, telephones, and office equipment.
· Must be available and work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities.
· Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs.
· Must be able to work a full-time schedule with a minimum of 40 hours per work week.
· Must be available to work all shifts based on operational need.
· Must be able to travel occasionally.
· Working conditions exist to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities.
· 3-5 years’ experience in the restaurant industry.
· Previous experience in a restaurant leadership position.
· Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county and state requirements)
Equal Opportunity Employer