* Assists in developing, implementing and evaluating safety and environmental programs and procedures to assure compliance with State and Federal regulations as well as company policies and business goals.
* Participates in monitoring and controlling the organization's safety and environmental requirements in accordance with OSHA and State regulations.
* Provides input to development and implementation of programs and record keeping systems to track and evaluate personnel and facility safety and environmental performance.
* Uses the results of evaluations to propose modifications to processes as needed to improve results.
* Provides EH&S training as necessary
* Conducts safety, housekeeping and environmental audits, Incident investigations and procedures, equipment and materials inspections.
* Coordinates safety and environmental projects and improvements.
* Manages data entry and tracking systems. Reports to the site Safety Manager.
* Associates degree and 1 year of safety and/or environmental leadership experience or 2 years safety and/or environmental leadership experience.
* Strong computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
* Preferred Experience/Competencies:*
* Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
* Manufacturing operations experience preferred.
* Demonstrated performance as safety and/or environmental leader with strong passion for continuous improvement and proven results.
* Proven ability to work independently as a project leader and as a team member.
* Willingness and desire to train/study to learn & thoroughly understand applicable regulations.
* Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational skills.
* Self-Starter with ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays as needed.
* Ability to lead, direct, and motivate.
* Ability to conduct training and speak in front of a group.
* Ability to travel as needed
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
*About Wood Products:*
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
*For more than a century, we've been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.*
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
**Job:** **Human Resources & Health/Safety/Quality*
**Title:** *EH&S Coordinator*
**Requisition ID:** *01013871*