As a Filer at Kalispell Lumber, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Support Kalispell Lumber by maximizing equipment reliability and operational excellence by working with a team of filers, millwrights, electricians and operators.
- Provide expertise in all aspects of saw maintenance, including carbide, basic benching procedures, internal quality control, grinding/benching round and band saws, saw changes, preventative maintenance, and machine center alignment.
- Support Kalispell Lumber with setup and maintenance of the planer; setting up heads and helping the planer feeder as needed to attain maximum throughput.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of satellite, carbide, basic benching procedures, internal quality control and alignment procedures.
- Demonstrate leadership in mill safety processes and have strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Implement process changes in a rapid-changing work environment to ensure maximum quality lumber production.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing preventative maintenance software program associated with repairing saws/equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum 3 years' experience benching both round saws and band saws.
- Knowledge of different types of machine center alignment and the ability to service all aspects of saw maintenance for both stellite and carbide saws.
- Experience with preventative maintenance processes.
- Understanding of process reliability and how to maintain shop standards.
- Experience with inspecting and maintaining precision equipment for proper calibration.
- Understanding of internal filing shop quality control.
- Candidate must be able to provide personal hand tools of the trade.
- Computer proficiency including Outlook, Office, Excel, Word, and Web-based programs required (Proficiency with SAP preferred, but not required)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be flexible to change and constant interruptions
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Work closely with management team and anticipate production/maintenance needs
- Must be willing to work various shifts days/nights and overtime when required
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we've been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.