We are looking for an upbeat team player who enjoys maximizing their veterinary technician abilities. We are a busy 4 doctor practice that receives a vast array of cases that allow team members to utilize their unique skills.
We pride ourselves on having long term employees who can build lasting and meaningful relationships with our clients and their fur babies. We enjoy being an integral part of our community.
If you have a certain area of interest, i.e. dentistry, behavior, etc, we can help you pursue that passion and provide additional education in pursuit of your passion.
This job requires a veterinary technician degree and an active license in the state of Indiana.Compensation:
$14 - $18 per hourResponsibilities:
- Obtain patient history and T.P.R.
- Proficient with dog and cat blood draws
- Induction and monitoring of anesthesia
- Post op care
- Proficient with intravenous catheter placement
- Restraint of dogs and cats
- Running in-house diagnostic lab work
- Positioning for radiographs
- Excellent client communication skills
- Administering medications and caring for hospitalized patients
- Active Registered Veterinary Technician License in the state of Indiana
- Minimum of 3 years experience as registered technician
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds of weight
We were started 40 years ago in Brownsburg as a solo doctor practice. We have grown into a busy 4 doctor practice that enjoys building relationships with are furry patients and their owners. Westwood continues to be independently owned and prides ourselves in being a member of the community.
Our Mission: Our purpose is to give the best quality care to the companion animals of our west suburban clientele. We strive to give you, our clients courteous and conscientious treatment while giving your pets the best and most humane care that our training and education can provide.