Westside Family Healthcare Dover, DE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker (MSAW) Nurse helps to coordinate clinical services for migrant and seasonal farmworkers. Duties include outreach and facilitating clinical care, ensuring smooth operation of the clinical team on the Mobile Health Unit (MHU), initial preparation of the patient, patient education, assisting the provider during patient examinations, phlebotomy services, Direct Observation Therapy and HIV Testing and counseling.
- Engage in outreach initiatives as directed by the Director of Rural Health Outreach, including building relationships with farm owners, managers and crew leaders in order to connect with migrant and seasonal agricultural workers with clinical services.
- Maintain the MHU in accordance with Joint Commission standards, including stocking and maintenance of diagnostic equipment, supplies and medications needed for patient care. Perform and document daily completion of QC logs and maintain POCT before beginning patient care
- Assist providers and medical assistants with patient care, e.g., take vital signs, perform EKGs, collect specimens, irrigate ears, dress wounds, splint and tape injuries, perform selected diagnostic tests, and assist with pap smears, physical exams, and minor procedures when necessary
- Oversee clinical care on the MHU to ensure culturally competent, high quality, evidenced-based care in accordance with Westside’s standards, policies and procedures
- Work with the Nurse Supervisor and Clinical Floor Supervisor to complete the weekly staffing schedule for the MHU, monitor attendance and adequately communicate any and all last-minute schedule changes to all affected personnel
- Proactively and continuously reviews patient medical records to identify any care needs requiring intervention
- Educates patient/family about medical conditions (existing or newly diagnosed) to assist them in appropriate self-management
- Complete required training in QuantiFERON Testing, HIV Testing & Counseling, and Direct Observation Therapy as well as other trainings as assigned.
- Attend community meetings and participate in community events/fairs to support the care for migrant and seasonal agricultural workers.
- Maintains compliance with all professional and organization requirements to meet the positions standards
- State of Delaware (or compact state) Registered Nurse licensure with no restrictions or disciplinary action
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably in the area of ambulatory care or comparable
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Ambulatory Care Certification or commit to obtaining upon hire
- Fluency in written and spoken English and spoken Spanish, including knowledge of medical terminology
- Current phlebotomy certification and proficiency
- At least six months of experience with electronic medical record software
- Ability to travel independently to locations (reliable transportation, insured vehicle and valid driver’s license)
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Clinical experience, training and/or passion to provide quality care to underserved populations
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing techniques
Important personal characteristics for this position include attention to detail, initiative, dependability, integrity, cooperation, persistence, analytical thinking, adaptability, initiative, self-control, stress tolerance, concern for others, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Travel is primarily local during the workday. Hours are variable and based on patient care needs, which may include evenings and nights during peak season.
Westside Family Healthcare
HealthcareView all jobs at Westside Family Healthcare