Technical Apparel Designer
- $60,000 to $70,000 Yearly
Westmoor Manufacturing, a family-owned company located in Dallas/Fort Worth, is looking for a Technical Apparel Designer to join our creative team in the exciting task of developing Rock and Roll Denim, Panhandle, and Powder River Outfitters fashion for men, women, and children. Our team is hard working, creative, and goal oriented with a supportive team atmosphere. The successful Technical Design candidate can expect focused mentoring and experiences to help them achieve higher levels of Technical Design abilities.
- Develop technical fit of assigned categories
- Work closely with Designers, Merchants, and factories to develop intended design and fit
- Educate Designers and Merchants about technical fit and construction
- Produce accurate specification packages including sketch details, base size specifications, and graded measurements which adhere to established fit and construction standards
- Evaluate fit and pre-production garments for technical specifications, consistent fit, and proper construction
- Establish fit consistency across vendors
- Coordinate and lead fit sessions on body form and model to assess fit, proportion, and overall silhouette
- Participate in Quality Control reviews as needed
- Travel overseas as needed to evaluate bulk goods and mentor suppliers
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design or Patternmaking
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Design
- Working knowledge of patternmaking, technical fit, and construction standards
- Positive, high energy, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Self-motivation with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to work well within a creative team
- Ability to think proactively and solve problems
- Ability to work autonomously on key deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Currently live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area
This position will undergo a drug test and background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
- Garment construction: 3 years (Required)
- technical design: 3 years (Required)
Westmoor Mfg Co.
4901 North Frwy.Fort Worth, TX
Get fresh Technical Apparel Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.