- Posted: March 06, 2023
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
The Embassy Suites Denver Central Park is currently seeking a high energy, self-motivated individual to join our Sales and Catering team.
Sales Manager ( Sign On Bonus- $1,000)
The responsibilities include but are not limited to: Direct selling either in person or over the phone, outside sales calls including occasional travel, working independently while exceeding monthly goals established by management, working knowledge of sales reports and computer systems, assisting in other areas of the hotel as needed and insuring customers leaving completely satisfied for potential future business.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, outgoing, and goal oriented. A professional with previous hotel sales experience preferred, but not required. Must have the ability to build relationships with clients, identify and pursue opportunities for new business and have strong follow up skills. Must have excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to manage complex projects and deadlines and work as part of a team.
We pride ourselves on being able to create memorable experiences for our guests and deliver outrageous service every time.
• Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment
• Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented
• Knowledgeable of event trends, food and beverage composition, and exercises creativity in designing catering sales solutions
• Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through sales efforts that include; in person prospecting sales calls, client relationships, obtaining referral business & networking
• Suggestive selling to capture the maximum amount of revenue to meet/exceed sales goals while maximizing banquet space and achieving food cost goals
• Prepare proposals and contracts for client review
• Plan, upsell and finalize all details of the event with the client including space requirements, event timing, equipment rentals, menu selection, themes/decorations and coordinate with the appropriate departments in the hotel
• Problem resolution focused approach. Resolve any issues, complaints and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction
• Work with the culinary leadership team to support food cost knowledge and profit margin goals
• Conduct site inspection tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
• One or more years of experience in Hotel Sales. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in similar business fields with strong sales abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest centric management practices.)
• Flexible schedule to accommodate weekend events, if needed
• Possesses software knowledge (Microsoft Office, etc.).
• Delphi FDC sales system knowledge is a plus
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, great travel perks, employee meals and free daily parking
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?