Travel required between properties/hotels located in Long Branch, NJ and Brooklyn, NY
This Project Manager (PM) position reports to a Senior Project Manager (SPM) and EVP of Construction and represents the project Owner. The PM will be responsible for performing tasks assigned by the SPM/EVP, consisting of monitoring and reviewing construction contracts, evaluating and tracking change order requests, tracking and following up on RFIs, analyzing budget modifications and anticipated cost reports, generating project updates and reports an various aspects of the project, generating punch lists, follow-up on punch list completion status with regular reports, and other tasks that may be assigned to ensure the project is built on schedule, within budget and in accordance with plans and specifications. The position requires attention to detail, very good time management skills to meet deadlines, strong communication skills both verbal and writing, and general good business management acumen. The position also requires routine travel to job sites.
- · Project Manager with responsibility for all aspects of projects from inception thru completion such as:
a. trade contract review, analysis, tracking & reporting
b. preparing bid packages analysis, review, reporting
c. assisting with bidding & overseeing procurement process
d. tracking shop drawing, submittals, reporting on status, following-up on issues, facilitating responses
e. participating as directed in the project coordination process
f. managing resources and establishing relationships with owner’s designers, consultants, vendors and subcontractors
g. attending project meetings, provide minutes of meetings, developing follow-up lists
h. maintaining impeccable attention to detailed documentation protocols
i. coordinating inspection and test data with Owner Consultants for verification of compliance with specifications and following-up with Construction Manager to resolve non-compliant test results.
- · Assist with pre-construction efforts.
- · Prepare and execute construction plan.
- · Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, costs and change orders.
- · Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award.
- · Impeccable attention to detailed documentation protocols.
- · Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications.
- · Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent.
- · Oversee all site safety programs in conjunction with safety consultant and Superintendent.
- · Manage general contractor’s requirements, facilitate timely information flow to GC.
Requires Architect, Engineering, Construction Management or related Bachelor’s degree, OR possess equivalent years of related experience.
Requires 5+ years of experience in Core/shell and/or Interior. Previous rental apartment and hotel experience is a plus but not necessary.
CAD experience is a must.
Requires working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required.
Requires superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential both within the internal project team and externally with Consultants, Lenders, Investors.
Requires knowledge of the shop drawing submittal process.
Requires the ability to read and comprehend building plans and specifications and able to comprehend and recognize safety standards and issues.
Requires the ability to identify and report clearly critical deadlines.
Requires understanding of construction contracts, retention, releases.
Requires the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
Must possess strengths in verbal and written communications; ability to adapt communications/presentations and deliver clear and concise reports and analysis to senior management;
Requires ability to meet deadlines and work in a structured corporate environment.
Requires the ability to be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision. Must possess a high degree of ethics and integrity.
Requires ability to maintain confidentiality of all company and customer information.
Understanding of critical path construction scheduling.
Functions effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with consultants.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, project to project.
- Excellent time organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & EQUAL HOUSING PROVIDER