ONLY THOSE WITH PROPERTY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE NEED APPLY!
Responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to day operations of the property under the direction of the Community Manager. Able to assume responsibility for the property in the absence of the Community Manager. Responsibilities include preparing and filing leases, promoting the property and retaining current tenants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: One must be able to perform the essential functions of the job; which include, but are not limited to the following (Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
- Responsible for the knowledge and administration of the following:
- Thorough knowledge of leasing techniques, sales methods, property rental information.
- Thorough knowledge of management company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the efficient and timely reporting, maintenance and submission of all administrative forms, files and reports.
- Responsible for collection and posting of rent to Yardi.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient and courteous response to all resident requests.
- Assist the Community Manager in designing and implementing a resident retention program, i.e., a newsletter, resident referral program or social activities.
- Respond to site visit or telephone inquiries, conduct site tours, effectively sell to prospects and lease apartments. Work to optimize occupancy and implement or follow an effective lease renewal program.
- Work with Community Manager to direct the efforts of the on-site staff to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel in all departments operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Assist the Community Manager in interviewing, screening and hiring of any potential employee for all departments.
- Assist the Community Manager in subsequent orientation, training and scheduling of all office personnel.
- Assist the Community Manager in any disciplinary or promotional recommendations regarding all office personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring a professional appearance and manner for self all personnel at all times.
- All other duties as determined by the Community Manager or Regional Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of residential property management or retail sales experience. (For properties 50-400 units).
- Excellent telephone and personal sales skills; strong customer service representation.
- Requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested.
- Requires the ability to use general office equipment, including, but not limited to, copy machines, fax machines, filing cabinets. Also requires entering data into a computer and generate printed reports.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to drive throughout the community on a regular basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & EQUAL HOUSING PROVIDER