Eyewear Sales Associate (bilingual)
Westminster Eyecare Associates Providence, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have 2 positions open!
Eyewear Consultant: Associate helps the patient choose their perfect eyewear by educating them about frames, lenses, and lens enhancements.
Dispensary Consultant: Associate dispenses, fits, adjusts, and troubleshoots for patients that come to retrieve their eyewear or contact lenses. Provides excellent after sales service.
Primary Job Functions:
- Greets customers immediately when they enter the gallery or are handed off from a technician.
- Asks open ended questions to determine the patient’s eyewear style preferences and escorts the customer to the appropriate product in the gallery based on their lifestyle, prescription, and price needs.
- Understands what a proper frame fit is and ensures that each patient gets a frame adjustment during dispense; gives patients correct case and cleaning cloth
- Demonstrates and educates the patient on proper cleaning and maintenance of eyewear and contact lenses; offers cleaning supplies for sale.
- Places re-orders for contact lenses/eyewear on OfficeMate and the Mandalay portal.
- Accountable for the proper calculation, collection, and record keeping of payments.
- Troubleshoots patients who cannot see clearly during/post dispense; differentiates between manufacturing, non-adapt, and RX errors (using trial frame). Educates and provides training to patients who are new to multifocal lenses.
- Navigates OfficeMate efficiently and can properly: make, read and update patients’ notes in Officemate; understand the ledger, can update demographics and order status.
- Finds frame replacements/performs minor repairs for patients who come in with broken frames.
- Answers patient questions regarding order status and other related inquiries via phone call or email using the Lab Order Tracker.
- Notifies patients (by phone and in OfficeMate) that their lenses only orders (trace jobs) have arrived; reminds patients to bring in their frame for a cut down.
- Reads eyeglass/contact lens prescriptions and navigates a paper chart.
- Makes reminder calls for patients whose orders have been not picked up for over two months.
- Refills eyeglass cases as needed and maintains organization by brand.
- Remains active on teams to effectively communicate throughout the day.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and customer volume. Identifies situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reports needed changes.
- Protects patients’ rights (HIPPA) by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in customer service or retail environment preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication; bilingual verbal Spanish skills required.
- Basic math skills required.
- ABO Certification preferred.
- Computer literacy and proficient typing and excel skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, intense (high volume) environment.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Westminster Eyecare AssociatesWhy Work Here?
No nights or weekends! Great culture!
HealthcareView all jobs at Westminster Eyecare Associates