- Makes vacant apartments ready for occupancy complying with make ready policy, completing the readying process on the average of not more than five days, maximizing efficiency of man hours, materials and contractor costs.
- Assures availability and maintains an on-call status on a 24-hour/day basis for emergency situations.
- Assures that the contractor’s work is completed accurately and on a cost-effective basis.
- Receives requests for services from site manager in a polite and professional manner.
- Completes service requests in a timely manner, according to policy, assuring efficiency of man hours, materials and contractor costs.
- Assures that the highest standards of curb appeal for the property are maintained.
- Walks the property daily removing rubbish, noting and removing safety hazards.
- Maintains the grounds to standards. If a landscaping contract exists, maintain.
familiarity and advises site manager on a timely basis if variances occur.
- Assures daily and/or as needed that the property common areas are clean.
- Assures that landscaping and maintenance equipment under charge is maintained appropriately.
- Ensures that proper safety precautions are maintained on all equipment.
- Ensures and implements an effective program for preventive maintenance.
- Assists site manager according to policy in eviction proceedings.
- Maintains thorough maintenance inventory control over appliances, equipment and materials.
- Assures compliance with all maintenance standards set by the company.
- Makes necessary repairs and/or determines that a contractor needs to be called in. Requests three (3) bids for work over $1,000 (verbal) and if over $5,000 (written).
- Advises residents regarding maintenance procedures in a polite and professional manner.
- Completes all scheduled unit inspections on a timely basis, assuring completeness and accuracy, assuring that proper notification is provided.
- Change A/C filters quarterly.
- Maintains a polite and professional relationship with all residents assuring that the
marketing efforts of the property are always supported.
Follows established procedures in dealing with residents and their property.
- Assures that each unit and the common areas are conserving energy.
- Maintains SDS sheets on all required products in inventory.
- Walks units with certified pest control technician per property schedule.
- Assures that all purchases are maintained in compliance with company policies and the approved budget. Receives pre-approval from Site Property Manager (SPM) prior to ordering maintenance supplies or equipment.
- Assists SPM with budget process.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor; subject to reasonable accommodations.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Completed high school or trade school equivalent
- 2-3 years maintenance experience
- General knowledge of HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work
- Must know to use and how to use safety devices, including safety belts and glasses and lock-out systems
- Must attend required training