Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay currently has an amazing opportunity to serve othersand grow professionallyin a supportive environment. Our residents choose to live in our community based on the impeccable service, the warm, family-friendly atmosphere and the clean and inviting living spaces. We welcomeYOUto join in on the incredible rewards of serving our residents.
Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bayis currently hiring a Full TimeRegistered Nurse (RN) for The Hoy Center.
The Hoy Centerencompasses Westminster Canterbury's long term care (LTC), rehab, and pre-hab services.
Current12-hour shiftsfrom7am to 7pm.Schedule is 3 days one week, 4 days the next with an every other weekend rotation.
Our Full Time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits on the first day of Employment!Additional benefits including:
- 3-day weekend, every other week
- Known schedule 12-months in advance
- Scholarship Assistance for employees & immediate family members
What will I do?
Our RN: Registered Nurse for Skilled Nursing:
- Demonstrates kindness, expertise and compassion, contributing to the engaging atmosphere of our Hoy Center health care program
- Provides nursing intervention and medication administration for a designated group of residents on a nursing unit
- Ensures smooth operations of the unit for a designated shift.
What do I needfor this role?
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of VA (or compact license)
- Current CPR Certification
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of this job
- Experience administering medications in compliance with state and pharmacy regulations
- Experience administering IV medications and the flushing of PICC/other intravenous devices
What makes Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay unique?
Founded in 1982,Westminster Canterburyon Chesapeake Bayis a faith based, not-for-profit, Life Plan Continuing Care Community to serve older adults of all beliefs, their families and the broader community.
Our waterfront community, located on the southern shore ofChesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach, in a beautiful, resort-like setting,provides innovative and comprehensive services designed to offerindependent living, assisted living, and nursing care solutions.
Our employees, residents and guests carry out our mission daily:Creating community to foster joy and well-being. We maintain a close and friendly culture for our staff and residents by adhering to our Values of achievingexcellenceby giving and expecting: RESPECTfor each Person. PASSIONfor what we do. PROFESSIONALISMin all we do.
Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.Candidates are screened, in accordance with the Code of Virginia, with the State Police criminal background check including sex offender crimes. All new hires are subject to aPre-EmploymentDrug Screen.