Westlake Financial Services is the largest privately held finance company in the Nation.
We are committed to growing and strengthening our organization by hiring the people that make Westlake World (our culture) what it is. Through hiring the best fitting applicant and supporting our people in further developing their skills, we transition our Applicants into Westlake Warriors (our people).
The Tax Accountant will assist the Senior Tax Accountant in the recommendation tax strategies. The individual will also be charged with assisting in the preparation and filing of annual returns and perform the role of liaison between the Department Management and the Tax Preparer.
- Assist in filing federal, state and local tax documents by creating, updating and providing necessary information to the tax preparer.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing current and consolidated earnings.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Attains a thorough understanding and application of GAAP.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Attains highly analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to acclimate and work in a high pace environment.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel (Access is a plus).
- Knowledge of SQL and Macro is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Master’s degree in Taxation
- CPA/CPA Candidate.
- One to two years of accounting with a specialization in taxation.
- PREFERRED: At least one busy season in public accounting from Big Four or equivalent.
This position does not offer visa sponsorship or accept applicates who would need sponsorship in the future.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $6.5 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion.
These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as "The Buy Program ©") allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial Services is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.