The Marketing Associate reports to the VP, Marketing and carries responsibility for seamlessly planning and executing on appropriate marketing programs. Coordinates and leads activities and initiatives with other departments and divisions in the organization to ensure that the company has a consistent and powerful message and a strong brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team to create and manage cross-organizational and integrated marketing communication
- Strategize, manage and coordinate projects with management, vendors and contractors for the development and production of sales communication, events, and promotional materials, web site content/creative and other collateral.
- Provide writing and editing support for all outbound communications including all press releases, promotional materials, website content, and monthly newsletters.
- Creative thinker with background in graphic design and video editing
- Review and edit existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness, cross-selling implications and adherence to brand
- Plan, manage, coordinate marketing and sales division events
- Manage and update all communication portals
- Succeed and comfort working in a fast-paced, roll-up-your sleeves environment
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Requires excellent written and verbal
- Intermediate Word/PowerPoint/Excel knowledge
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Superior professionalism and judgment
- Strong work ethic
- General programming skills to include knowledge of statistical programs (i.e. SAS, SAP, SPSS, Matlab, etc.) and/or advanced database programs is desired
- Photoshop/illustrator/InDesign knowledge a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field is required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in marketing preferred
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Photoshop Illustrator lnDesign
- Video editing Software HTML
- WordPress SQL Code
- Businesswire, PRNewswire or Other Press distribution portals Survey Monkey
- Constant Contact Marketo
- PowerPoint Word
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion.
These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as "The Buy Program ©") allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial Services is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.