LOCATION: PALO ALTO, CA
SERVER: Restaurant servers are responsible for submitting guest menu selections and presenting these food and beverage preferences. The right person will gain menu knowledge and give recommendations from our compilation of cuisine and drink offerings. Provide fast and courteous service of food and beverages to guests and ensure quality of food and beverage presentation per established standards. Servers engage in casual conversation and create the restaurant experience by their style and service attributes. Other duties include general restaurant preparation and maintaining a sanitary environment. Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner. Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary. Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift. May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed and assist with other duties as assigned. The Server will report directly to the Food & Beverage Management staff.
- Candidate must have minimum 1 year previous serving experience.
- Excellent customer skills and cash handling experience required.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor. Must have good communication skills as well as the ability to lift, pull and push moderate weight.
- Candidate must be comfortable with guest interaction and provide great guest service.
- The ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be guest service focused and understand expectations of hospitality and restaurant demands.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local or state government agency.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Successful candidates will have excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and exude friendly demeanor/personality.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing a minimum of 50 pounds
- Moving about the restaurant
- Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling