Insurance and Risk Representative
Westford Real Estate Management Vernon, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Community Management Company seeks Insurance and Risk Representative. This employee will work alongside other team members to ensure that the company’s Condominium Association clients secure and maintain appropriate insurance while also processing all property and liability insurance claims that occur at the community. Extensive training and education will be provided to ensure the hired employee understands the industry specific terminology, rules and laws as it may apply to this role. Understanding of condominiums, insurance policies and/or insurance claims is NOT a requirement for the position, however ability to absorb and retain training and educational material is integral to the role. Knowledge of condominium governance/community management is preferred. The role requires independent reasoning and application of learned materials on a routine basis.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Secure competitive bids on property, liability and ancillary insurance policies via third party agencies on behalf of 200+ clients, annually.
- Evaluate proposals received and ensure coverage is adequate and appropriate based on client needs and legal requirements
- Maintain database of insurance contract details
- Ensure policies are enforce at all times and that contract renewal deadlines are met/policies bound prior to expiration
- Submit and process property and liability insurance claims on behalf of clients
- Be proactive in driving the claim timeline by setting appropriate expectations for the process, following up with all parties on a timely basis and anticipating/preparing for upcoming steps.
- Interface with residents impacted by property claims, work with vendors and insurance adjusters to negotiate claim allowances, keep client and resident apprised of claim status throughout claim process
- Track income and expenses associated with each insurance claim and reconcile the same at the close of claim
- Write letters and memos to residents as instructed and within deadlines provided
- Respond to requests for various documents from residents, lenders, agents, clients, etc.
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Windows
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be a quick study in computer-based programs (training to be provided)
- Organizational skills a must
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Must excel in writing and be able to create/produce letters that are grammatically sound
Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Overtime may be required based on company needs
Paid Time Off/Vacation
Health Benefits (including dental and vision)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay rate may be negotiable based on experience.
Westford Real Estate ManagementWhy Work Here?
A company where people come, and stay, with opportunity for upward mobility and growth along the way!
348 Hartford TurnpikeVernon, CT
Finance and Insurance