Veterinary Technician or Assistant
- $17 to $23 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Westfield Vet Group; Union Location
Outpatient Technician- Union Location, under new management! Come be a part of a growing team that values compassion, collaboration, and community!
REPORTS TO: OUTPATIENT SUPERVISOR
Summary: Our Outpatient technicians are “jack of all trade” individuals with a variety of skill sets. Experience in the field is required for this position. Outpatient technicians assist the veterinarian with office visits and all associated tasks all while communicating with clients using their extensive knowledge of vaccine protocols, preventatives, and excellent history taking skills. Outpatient technicians are able to manage their time efficiently and possess good problem-solving skills. Duties will include but may not be limited to;
- Provide compassionate care for pets and their people
- Be knowledgeable in areas of vaccines, blood tests, fecal and urine collection
- Complete specialty testing protocols such as ACTH Stim, Biles Acids, LDDST, etc.
- Administer vaccines and obtain blood samples using a variety of venipuncture techniques
- Safety and effectively restrain pets for team members
- Assist in the taking of diagnostic, digital radiographs
- Dispense medication as ordered and assist in our pharmacy
- Work with electronic medical record and document professionally
- Wash and sanitize cages and other equipment
- Assist at the front desk as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
We offer a Wellness program, accrued PTO, and plenty of pet perks for your personal “fur-babies”. We offer health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k, and a variety of opportunities for continuing education in the field.'
We pride ourselves on Compassion, Collaboration and involvement in our Community.
Westfield Veterinary Group - Union is a multi-location, multi-doctor practice that offers our employees a wide array of opportunities to grow in the field. We pride ourselves for the great care we take with clients and our employees, alike.We are currently looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and quick learning individual to join our fast-growing team. We are a tight-knit team that values compassion, collaboration, and community!
Westfield Veterinary Group - Union
1325 Morris Ave Union NJUnion, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.