Account Manager- Manufacturing
ABOUT WESTFIELD STEEL
Since 1977, Westfield Steel has been an Indiana steel supplier with value-added processing capabilities. As a family-owned Indiana steel supplier based in Westfield, IN, we pride ourselves on doing the job right. We are committed to learning about our customers, understanding their needs, helping overcome challenges, and providing the best service options for businesses.
Our company is growing quickly, but we cannot fully expand without a strong team of employees behind us. We value our employees, so we aim to create a positive and cooperative work environment where every worker has the chance to thrive and grow. Our team enjoys great benefits, and we offer training for different departments within the company.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the transactional sales process for a dedicated customer base in the achievement of sales quotas. The position will work closely with our operations team, company leaders, and customer to generate revenue by promoting sales of new and existing products for the company. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Works to supply products and services that meet or exceed the customers’ expectations. Follows the documented quality systems and processes to satisfy our customers’ needs.
· Actively manages the sales processes of products and services by quoting and the conversion of quotes into sales in a timely and professional manner.
· Manages customers in top tier of sales and volume to achieve company revenue generation goals.
· Reviews customer prints to prepare competitive pricing associated with labor, material, and time.
· Determine routings and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity or required materials.
· Provides ongoing customer and technical service on existing accounts.
· Overcome objections of current and prospective customers.
· Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
· Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the various industries that the company serves.
· May research and source material and services related to customer orders.
· Maintain CRM and customer records in ERP for orders, quotes, and customer communication.
· Manage and coordinate the resolution of customer issues.
· Communicate with internal departments regarding customer orders.
· May conduct on-site visits to customers.
· May assist Business Development Manager or other managers in other duties or special projects as needed.
Critical Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Sales and Marketing: Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
· Communicating with Persons Outside the Organization: Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
· Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Design: Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
· Communicating with Supervisors and Peers: Providing information to supervisors and by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work: Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others: Handling complaints, settling disputes, and
resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
· Selling or Influencing Others: Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
· Mathematics: Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications.
· Confidentiality: Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and business common sense.
· Tools & Technology: Interacting with computers, office equipment, personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, etc.), and phone. ERP software (Microsoft Dynamics Nav), materials requirements planning MRP software, Microsoft Office software, and email.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Successful candidate would have 3-5 years or more related work experience in technical, mechanical engineering, or manufacturing engineering sales.
· High-technical aptitude, exceptional interpersonal skills, and well-established written and verbal communication skills.
· Fundamental understanding of manufacturing resource planning and customer relationship management.
· Relevant work experience with detailed knowledge of industry processes, materials, and costs.
· Ability to read and interpret drawings or blueprints, do take-offs, and understand machine capabilities.
· Analytical skills, ability to accurately evaluate detailed specifications to determine how to minimize costs without sacrificing quality.
· Trouble shooting skills with a solution-focused approach to projects.
· Time-management skills, ability to work efficiently and accurately to meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with steel, steel products, other metals, fabrication, and manufacturing.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
· Experience with blueprint interpretation, with a solid understanding of material sizing per print.
· Experience with contact relationship management (CRM) software.
· Experience using social networks, such as LinkedIn, for business-2-business selling and customer relations.
· This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
Working Environment and Conditions
· Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary position and move about the buildings. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and be able to communicate verbally and in writing and take direction. The employee is frequently operating a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Westfield SteelWestfield, IN
BusinessView All Westfield Steel Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.