Behavioral Health Director
Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Grass Valley Site Grass Valley, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic
JOB TITLE: Behavioral Health Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: All Behavioral Health Staff
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Behavioral Health Director plans, implements and oversees the growth and development of the department according to patient population needs, goals indicated by senior management, and direction indicated by granting agencies. Cultivates effective team functioning among behavioral health staff and oversees the implementation of an integrative approach among behavioral health, WSMC providers, and outside agencies. Develops systems within the behavioral health department to continuously improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of programs. Develops and implements programs for tracking outcome measures, and the means to improve quality of care as indicated by these measures. Provides clinical supervision and advice to behavioral health and other staff as requested. Ensures that the behavioral health department is operating according to best practice standards and legal and ethical standards.
- Maintains awareness of relevant developments in the field of behavioral health, activities of agencies such as California Primary Care Association, and related changes in federal and state laws.
- Participates in grant proposals, identifies departmental work plans, and delivers or assigns work toward meeting the terms of funding agencies.
- Plans the overall direction of the behavioral health department, communicates with and motivates staff to participate in carrying out relevant plans for growth and development.
- Coordinates efforts with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Officer and other members of senior management to develop a fully integrated approach to health care.
- Ensures that behavioral health providers are using culturally specific and patient-centered therapy practices with patients of WSMC, and are using evidence-based approaches (such as cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectal behavior therapy) as fitting to this patient population.
- Ensures that all behavioral health staff are trained in the SBIRT approach for conducting assessments of patients that identify issues of alcohol or drug misuse, depression and other mental health disorders, and level of acuity and risk. Ensures that staff is trained in motivational interviewing.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, manages budget effectively.
- Ensures that behavioral health staff work collaboratively with the care coordinator, providers of other disciplines at WSMC, and with other agencies according to the needs of each patient.
- Develops protocols for outcome measures and oversees the gathering and documenting of consumer input and other data for outcome measures.
10. Participates in WSMC provider meetings and facilitates Behavioral Health department team meetings.
- Documents all pertinent information in patient’s electronic medical record according to Western Sierra Medical Clinic's policies and procedures.
- Upholds Western Sierra Medical Clinic's Policies and Procedures, infection control standards, applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Quality Improvement Duties:
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Participates as assigned in interdepartmental quality improvement team efforts; and
- Contributes to overall Community Health Center efforts in quality improvement towards higher-quality, more cost-effective health care for patients and improved quality of work-life for staff members.
- Coordinates services between behavioral health providers and other clinical providers.
- Performs evaluations on supervised staff or arranges for appropriate peer evaluations for providers with differing degrees.
- Works to coordinate counseling services with outside agencies and other clinic programs.
Minimum Experience and Education:
- Valid California license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Psychologist or Psychiatrist.
- Computer literate (i.e. logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Successfully completed internship requirements applicable to licensure.
- Administratively competent to handle record keeping and fee collection.
- Temperament supportive to the clinic staff and patients unique to small communities.
- Management experience commensurate with the range of duties of this position.
Desired/Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bilingual (preferably Spanish) preferred.
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Grass Valley Site
AddressGrass Valley, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Grass Valley Site