OB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Chief Medical Officer and Assigned Supervising Physician
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provide general and preventative care, conduct check-ups, treat illnesses, order lab tests and prescribe medication for children and adults.
GENERAL DUTIES (Note: This list may not include all of the duties assigned):
- Obtain a relevant patient health and medical history
- Initial and ongoing assessment of patient’s medical, physical, and psychosocial status
- Conduct non-invasive preventive screening procedures based on age and history
- Perform a physical examination based on age and history
- Update and record changes in health status
- Identify medical and health risks and needs
- Identify needs of the individual, family or community as a result of the evaluation of the collected data
- Formulate the appropriate differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination, and clinical findings
- Develop and provide a relevant patient education plan
10. Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic/laboratory tests (within standardized procedures/protocol guidelines, including delegation of services agreement provisions, in collaboration with collaborating/supervising physician)
11. Prescribe non-pharmacologic therapies
12. Order and administer tests including bloodwork
13. Review and interpret test results
14. Administer medications
15. Operate medical equipment
16. Recommend further treatment options or future appointments if needed
17. (Pediatric care) Assess developmental milestones and educate family about development and growth
18. Prescribe and/or administer pharmacologic agents in accordance with standardized procedures and/or delegation of services agreement.
19. Determine the effectiveness of the plan of care through documentation of client care outcomes
20. Make appropriate referrals to other health professionals and community agencies
21. Reassess and modify care plan as necessary to achieve medical and health goals
22. Deliver quality care while maintaining WSMC metrics pertaining to productivity
23. Participate in on-call assignments
24. Consult with patients by telephone as appropriate
25. Participate in staff meetings
26. Participate in risk management activities
27. Follow all Nurse Practitioner protocols, orders and standardized procedures/perform services only in accordance with delegation of services agreement (PA)
28. Document all pertinent information in patient’s electronic medical record according to Western Sierra Medical Clinic's policies and ensure patient records are kept up to date including test results, immunizations, condition changes, etc.
- Uphold Western Sierra Medical Clinic's Policies and Procedures, infection control standards, applicable Secstate, federal and local laws.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities, including
- Interdepartmental quality improvement team efforts; and
- Contributing to overall efforts toward higher-quality, more cost-effective health care for patients and improved quality of work-life for staff members
- Cooperate and participate in peer review, health care risk management and compliance activities
- Consult with other healthcare professionals as needed
33. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Valid California license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant.
Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS)Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
PALS provider card as required by CMO
- Computer literate (i.e. logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Auburn Sites