Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Posted: over a month ago
Western Sierra Medical Clinic is currently developing a distinguished new mental health department and we are looking for committed and passionate mental health professionals. We have been serving our communities for over 35 years in a friendly, professional environment with excellent life-to-work ratios, as well as great benefits!
Part-time positions and flexible scheduling are also available.
JOB TITLE: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health Director/Chief Operations Officer
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The licensed clinical social worker is responsible for providing evidence-based, solution focused, behavioral health interventions for medical patients in accordance with established best practices. Also serves clients who frequently use emergency departments for non-urgent care, providing them with a healthcare home and the supportive services needed to establish treatment and wellness in the community. This includes conducting assessments and providing therapy to adults with any combination of mental health issues, substance-use disorders, and medical complications. The LCSW will develop behavioral health treatment plans integrated with the patient’s medical treatment plan and will provide consultation to physicians regarding mental health issues.
GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Use behavioral health interventions as part of an integrated response to a patient’s medical and mental health needs.
- Provide therapy to clients.
- Respond immediately to medical provider requests for a behavioral health consultation in the patient exam rooms.
- Provide therapeutic interventions when behavioral health issues arise during a medical clinic visit.
- Provide brief solution focused therapy and assess whether additional therapeutic intervention is indicated.
- When indicated, provide counseling / therapy sessions for clinic patients. Coordinate long-term therapy as needed.
- Develop diagnosis and treatment plans that are integrated with the medical treatment plan and in partnership with the patient.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation.
- Attend clinic and other staff meetings as requested.
- Provide information for reports to funding sources.
- Represent the agency to other agencies or groups as assigned.
- Supervise graduate students/interns as assigned.
- Provide culturally specific and appropriate intervention and therapy to patients of WSMC.
- Respond to and assists with patients in emotional crisis on-site at WSMC.
- Work collaboratively with providers of other disciplines at WSMC.
- Work collaboratively with other community agencies
- Perform assessments/screenings when appropriate.
- Participate in staff meeting and the Total Quality Management Program of the Clinic.
- Ensure adequate patient billing and insurance information.
- Maintain records on all patients
- Maintain security of Clinic facility and equipment.
- Follow WSMC policies and procedures
- Provide for continuity of care between specialists and Clinic.
- Document all pertinent information in patient’s electronic medical record according to Western Sierra Medical Clinic's policies and procedures.
- Uphold Western Sierra Medical Clinic's Policies and Procedures, infection control standards, applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Quality Improvement Duties:
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate as assigned in interdepartmental quality improvement initiatives
- Contribute to overall Community Health Center efforts in quality improvement towards higher-quality, more cost-effective health care for patients
- Assist when asked to review medical records
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Valid California license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Masters Level Training appropriate for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Successfully Completed Internship requirements for the State of California
- Administratively competent to handle record keeping.
- Philosophy supportive of WSMC mission and values
1. Expertise in utilizing evidence-based models of therapy.
2. Expertise in Motivational Interviewing, and Harm Reduction.
3. Knowledge of medical conditions and the interaction between medical and behavioral health conditions.
4. Knowledge of common chronic medical diseases and their effect on behavioral health
5. Knowledge of how behavior and mental health affect medical outcomes.
6. Knowledge and skill working with diverse populations.
7. General knowledge of Medi-Cal requirements.
8. Familiarity with an electronic practice management system.
9. Computer proficiency
Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Auburn Sites
GovernmentView all jobs at Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Auburn Sites