- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic
JOB TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under general supervision from the CFO, the Accountant will maintain and update records and financial transactions for the company’s financial statements. Establish accounts and post transactions. Flexible working schedules and remote working are partially allowed depending upon the situation.
GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all the duties assigned)
- Process Accounts Payable. Enter A/P into MIP accounting system, generate an Aged Payable report weekly for review by the Chief Financial Officer, process A/P checks, and mail vendor payments.
- Create A/P vendor files in Abila per the W-9 prior to issuance of payments.
- Oversee available cash for payroll and accounts payable; prepare a weekly estimate of cash needs and provide to the CFO.
- Oversee year-end issuance of 1099’s to vendors.
- File accounts payable records accurately and timely, daily.
- Understand the agency capitalization policy and process fixed asset additions accordingly.
- Maintain paper and electronic fixed asset files (permanent).
- Conduct the annual fixed asset inventory, recommend disposals as appropriate and maintain Depreciation Schedules.
- Participate in month-end close procedures by posting all prior month invoices promptly, utilizing estimates as authorized.
- Participate in month-end close procedures by closing grants, prepare invoices and JE’s to recognize revenue and update temporarily restricted and/or deferred revenue schedules.
- Assist with annual audit and all other financial audits by responding promptly to requested items.
- Handle additional duties assigned.
Minimum Education and skills needed:
- BA in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years in a medical clinic environment
- Minimum 3 years of Accounting experience
- Must have valid DL with clean DMV readout.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and ability to master in-house computer systems.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel to other WSMC sites.
- Ability to type 45+ WPM
Preferred Education and skill (not required):
- Training and experience in FQHC billing.
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting
- Experience with accounting in a healthcare environment
- Ability to work with MIP Accounting Software.
- Bi-lingual Spanish
Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Auburn Sites
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Western Sierra Medical Clinic - Auburn Sites