High School Math Teacher
- Posted: over a month ago
- $52,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We believe that teachers are at the heart of carrying out the mission of Western and we have sought and will continue to seek to add to the list of benefits offered to our teachers.
- Starting teacher salary for teachers of $52,000
- Free employee medical insurance*
- Free employee dental insurance*
- Free employee vision insurance*
- Free mental health supports dental
- Qualification for 3% employer-match safe harbor 401(k).
- Bonuses awarded yearly based on performance and longevity
- $500 toward personalized professional development.
- School Laptop
- All supplies and materials for your classroom will be provided by Western. Teachers are not expected to pay out of pocket for any needed items.
- *50% of dependent medical, dental, and vision monthly premiums covered
General Statement of Responsibilities:
The High School Math Teacher actively instructs students, creates lesson plans, assigns and grades homework, manages students in the classroom, communicates with families and helps prepare students for standardized tests.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, develop and execute lesson plans
- Adapt teaching for individual students, small groups, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of identified students or subgroups of students
- Evaluate the academic and social growth of students
- Evaluate student progress and the ability to meet courses standards in mathematics
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day
- Maintain professional competence through in -service training and education activities provided by WSST and/or in self-selected professional development opportunities.
What do we look for in a Teacher?
Western teachers drive our curriculum and instruction. We are looking for teachers who are capable of:
- engaging 100% of students in their lesson
- developing lesson plans that incorporate our Core Value of Relevance
- using data to make informed instructional decisions not only at the end of a lesson, but mid-lesson as well.
- incorporating strategies to ensure all students succeed in meeting the lesson objective
- offering rigorous learning experiences where students are doing the majority of the thinking
- using technology to improve instructional outcomes
- engaging in weekly coaching sessions to improve their craft
- innovating and creating STEM- based learning experiences for students
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education or a comparable field
- Valid Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Passion for working with families living in low-income urban Phoenix communities
- preferred: Bilingual: Spanish/English
- optional: Arizona Highly Qualified status (college degree, passed ADE-approved reading test)
- optional: Master’s Degree
Western School of Science and Technology
6515 W Indian School RdPhoenix, AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?