- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Western Partitions, Inc. (WPI) is one of the largest and most reputable interior and exterior contracting firms in the Northwest. WPI provides superior contracting services for drywall, prefabrication, metal studs, acoustical systems, wall panels, fireproofing, firestopping, stucco, claddings, painting, windows, doors/frames/hardware, and more.
Headquartered in Wilsonville, Oregon, WPI also has offices in Eugene, Seattle, Reno, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Boise, Phoenix, and Spokane. WPI serves the West including Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska, and other regions determined by our growing national customer base.
Since WPI's inception in 1972, we have provided award-winning construction without sacrificing integrity, safety, or efficiency. We are proud that a significant percentage of our business comes from repeat customers. Our service-oriented, fast-track approach, coupled with an attention to detail has resulted in a superior reputation within our industry. We work hard every day to earn our customers' trust and confidence.
Throughout our history, our dedication to our employees, quality of work, and customers has set us apart. The strongest characteristic of our organization is the prominent level of pride we take in every job we complete. Our employees are driven to do the job right the first time without compromise. Lastly, our customers choose WPI based on the emphasis we place on communication, trust, and respect.
The Systems Administrator ensures infrastructure availability, security, and performance. This position is responsible for turning new ideas into systems that move the organization forward while leveraging knowledge of industry best practices, security standards, good judgement, and problem-solving skills to execute company operations. The Systems Administrator acts as a senior escalation channel for complex issues and ensures departmental SLAs are met.
- Understand and comply with all WPI policies, procedures, and corporate safety program.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and apply that knowledge to ensure WPI's systems/infrastructure align with current standards.
- Apply a "security-first" perspective to help enhance the security posture of WPI's infrastructure.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, encryption systems, and host security systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems, prioritizing problems, assessing impact, and documenting resolution.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementation of IT infrastructure.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, databases, and during data transfer in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Practice asset management including maintenance of systems component inventory and related technical specifications information.
- Manage mobile device management (MDM) systems, create mobile device profiles and deployment plans.
- Manage and configure server and endpoint security systems.
- Management, reconciliation, and documentation of systems software licensing.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, managed service providers, and contractors to secure products and services.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Act as escalation point for systems related issues, ensuring all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved according to service level agreements.
- Participate in and support capacity planning as well as the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with senior IT and WPI leadership.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Respond to security events, drive issues to closure, and engage all appropriate resources.
- Configure and maintain corporate email systems, email security platforms, and related systems.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of systems and server configurations.
- Design and maintain systems to enhance security of user and services accounts such as multifactor authentication (MFA) and single sign on (SSO).
- Collaborate with senior IT staff to continually evolve and maintain disaster recovery/disaster avoidance infrastructure and disaster playbooks.
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field of study OR equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years working within an enterprise-level network environment.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal skills are essential along with the ability to interact with all levels of the corporation.
- Proven ability to prioritize a constantly shifting workload and collaborate with other IT staff members daily.
- Experience with Windows Server, Linux, Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, VPN, VMWare virtualization platforms, and Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
- Experience with the Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Azure.
- Experience with storage systems, high availability, SAN/NAS environments, infrastructure as a service, software as a service, and backup systems.
- Experience with multifactor authentication (MFA) and single sign on (SSO) systems.
- Knowledge of information security principles and best practices.
- Experience with security incident response.
- The ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Late night and/or weekend hours are occasionally necessary to complete system upgrades and perform maintenance.
- Infrequent travel is required for IT maintenance at other corporate locations and jobsites.
- Local to office.
- VMware, Cisco, CompTIA, AWS, Microsoft, and related certifications.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At WPI our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death, and disability benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
WPI provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
WPI is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work being performed by employees. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of the employee of this job. Furthermore, this description is subject to change at the discretion of the company, with or without notice.
Western Partitions, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Western Partitions, Inc.
Get fresh IT Systems Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.