- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Western Partitions, Inc. (WPI) is one of the largest and most reputable interior and exterior contracting firms in the Northwest. WPI provides superior contracting services for drywall, prefabrication, metal studs, acoustical systems, wall panels, fireproofing, firestopping, stucco, claddings, painting, windows, doors/frames/hardware, and more.
Headquartered in Wilsonville, Oregon, WPI also has offices in Eugene, Seattle, Reno, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Boise, Phoenix, and Spokane. WPI serves the West including Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska, and other regions determined by our growing national customer base.
Since WPI's inception in 1972, we have provided award-winning construction without sacrificing integrity, safety, or efficiency. We are proud that a significant percentage of our business comes from repeat customers. Our service-oriented, fast-track approach, coupled with an attention to detail has resulted in a superior reputation within our industry. We work hard every day to earn our customers' trust and confidence.
Throughout our history, our dedication to our employees, quality of work, and customers has set us apart. The strongest characteristic of our organization is the prominent level of pride we take in every job we complete. Our employees are driven to do the job right the first time without compromise. Lastly, our customers choose WPI based on the emphasis we place on communication, trust, and respect.
The Project Engineer will assist the Project Manager with the setup, management, and closeout of projects at the Regional office or Jobsite to accomplish project objectives by planning, scheduling, and executing project activities throughout each phase to completion.
- Understand and comply with all WPI policies, procedures, and corporate safety program.
- Actively participate in the safety plans and measures of the assigned projects.
- Review contract language, scope of work, and special provisions in the contract. Make sure project team members are aware of these items.
- Assist with the buyout and procurement of material, subcontractor, and engineering quotes.
- Prepare RFI's, submittals, and shop drawings.
- Support and visit assigned job sites and participate in job meetings as required.
- Price change requests and update the budget promptly.
- Prepare, review, and report weekly productions.
- Review the weekly job cost report with the project Foreman and team.
- Prepare billings and approve invoices for payment.
- Track progress and spending, ensuring the work is completed on time and within budget.
- Support the implementation of job schedules.
- Coordinate warranties, O&M's, and closeout on projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Ability to diagnose and process key information, recognize critical areas on the job that could impact profitability, and then actively navigate the project away from risks and liabilities for a successful outcome.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required.
- Ability to work in team environment is required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Ability to multitask, think critically, and problem-solve is required.
- Ability to learn new job skills by engaging in the technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught is required.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
- Must possess strong organizational and computer use skills and have a high level of competency to read/write/speak English, and communicate with coworkers.
- Experience with drywall, metal-stud framing and ACT in the commercial market.
- Local to office is preferred
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At WPI our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death, and disability benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
WPI provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
WPI is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work being performed by employees. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of the employee of this job. Furthermore, this description is subject to change at the discretion of the company, with or without notice.
Western Partitions, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Western Partitions, Inc.
Get fresh Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!