- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Western Partitions, Inc. (WPI) is one of the largest and most reputable interior and exterior contracting firms in the Northwest. WPI provides superior contracting services for drywall, prefabrication, metal studs, acoustical systems, wall panels, fireproofing, firestopping, stucco, claddings, painting, windows, doors/frames/hardware, and more.
Headquartered in Wilsonville, Oregon, WPI also has offices in Eugene, Seattle, Reno, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Boise, Phoenix, and Spokane. WPI serves the West including Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Hawaii, Alaska, and other regions determined by our growing national customer base.
Since WPI's inception in 1972, we have provided award-winning construction without sacrificing integrity, safety, or efficiency. We are proud that a significant percentage of our business comes from repeat customers. Our service-oriented, fast-track approach, coupled with an attention to detail has resulted in a superior reputation within our industry. We work hard every day to earn our customers' trust and confidence.
Throughout our history, our dedication to our employees, quality of work, and customers has set us apart. The strongest characteristic of our organization is the prominent level of pride we take in every job we complete. Our employees are driven to do the job right the first time without compromise. Lastly, our customers choose WPI based on the emphasis we place on communication, trust, and respect.
The BIM Coordinator's objective is to provide mentorship for BIM Technician personnel, while successfully completing their assignments to WPI's standards. The BIM Coordinator should be able to work most assignments and projects with minimal supervisory assistance.
- Understand and comply with all WPI policies, procedures, and corporate safety program.
- BIM Modeling for drywall framing construction.
- Work under direction of WPI Project Manager, WPI Project Foreman and BIM Department Manager & BIM Lead.
- Ensure construction documents accuracy based on discipline BIM Modeling.
- Collaborate and Coordinate with BIM service providers and Subcontractors.
- Produce various documents or drawings for various requirements to support the project and field team.
- Responsible as "Model Administrator" for assigned projects.
- Identify conflicts, incomplete or ambiguous design information.
- Collaborate & coordinate with project team to subcontract assignments to outside vendors.
- Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Follow BIM content standards and development procedures.
- May take the lead on developing some discipline specific BIM modeling content for project.
- Create new library components (under the supervision of BIM Lead or BIM Manager/Director).
- Print drawing sets for professional team and participate in discipline reviews.
- Prepare own discipline model and/or content for BIM Coordination Meetings.
- Ability to export DWG, NWC and other formats for collaboration internally and externally.
- High level of communication and good writing skills.
- Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate design documentation.
- BIM Content Development for the project.
- Create models related to WPI work.
- Develop models to illustrate contractor questions and solutions.
- Keep BIM revision log.
- Distribute new and revised models showing changes and RFI answers.
- Provide Field Coordination Support.
- Evaluate construction installations relative to 3D coordinated models.
- Prepare "shop drawing" level 2D Drawings & 3D models for self‐performed work.
- Model constructability issues and solutions for self‐performed work.
- Calculate quantities for material orders and crew work planning, as requested.
- Produce dimensioned drawings from the model.
- Participate in job layout driven by 3D model data.
- Create models related to WPI work.
- Must possess a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience actively using Revit & Navisworks and be able to demonstrate good working knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgement, problem-solving ability, self-starting, and ability to prioritize based on
- relevant factors
- Ability to prioritize personal workload and recognize priority conflicts and seek guidance for resolution.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required.
- Ability to work in team environment is required.
- Ability to multitask, think critically, and problem-solve is required.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
- Must possess strong organizational and computer use skills and have a high level of competency to read/write/speak English, interpret safety documentation and communicate with coworkers.
- Knowledge of BIM/VDC Technology & Other Software
- Revit – required, 2yrs exp. minimum
- Navisworks (Manage) – required
- Bluebeam, Bluebeam Studio - required
- BIM-360 Collaboration Products (Docs, Glue, Design, Coordinate, Field, etc)
- BOX, Dropbox, Sharepoint
- Adobe Software
- General understanding of interoperability between software used to accomplish own discipline tasks
- Local to office is preferred
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At WPI our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death, and disability benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
WPI provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
WPI is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work being performed by employees. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of the employee of this job. Furthermore, this description is subject to change at the discretion of the company, with or without notice.
Western Partitions, Inc.
Get fresh BIM Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.